Crossword clues for olmsted
Housing Units (2000): 173
Land area (2000): 1.680203 sq. miles (4.351706 sq. km)
Water area (2000): 0.044580 sq. miles (0.115462 sq. km)
Total area (2000): 1.724783 sq. miles (4.467168 sq. km)
FIPS code: 55899
Located within: Illinois (IL), FIPS 17
Location: 37.180733 N, 89.086431 W
ZIP Codes (1990): 62970
Note: some ZIP codes may be omitted esp. for suburbs.
Housing Units (2000): 49422
Land area (2000): 653.010417 sq. miles (1691.289144 sq. km)
Water area (2000): 1.492078 sq. miles (3.864463 sq. km)
Total area (2000): 654.502495 sq. miles (1695.153607 sq. km)
Located within: Minnesota (MN), FIPS 27
Location: 44.007477 N, 92.442548 W
Olmsted County, MN
Olmsted may refer to:
- Frederick Law Olmsted, landscape architect
- Olmsted Brothers, firm founded by Frederick Law Olmsted's two sons
- Olmsted (name) (for others with this name)
Places in the U.S.:
- Olmsted Air Force Base, inactive since 1969
- Olmsted, Illinois
- Olmsted County, Minnesota
- Olmsted Falls, Ohio
- Olmsted Township, Cuyahoga County, Ohio
- North Olmsted, Ohio
Olmsted is a surname of Anglo Saxon origin. Its oldest public record dates pre-1066 in Cheshire. People with the name include:
- The notable Olmsted family of New York City:
Frederick Law Olmsted, an American landscape architect
- his sons John Charles Olmsted and Frederick Law Olmsted, Jr., also landscape architects, and their company Olmsted Brothers
- George W. Olmsted (b. 1874), founder of Long Island Lighting Company (LILCo), patron of the Chief Cornplanter Council, Boy Scouts of America
- George H. Olmsted (b. 1901), veteran of World War I and World War II, General in the United States Army, life insurance magnate, and philanthropist
- Frederick Law Olmsted, an American landscape architect
- Aaron Olmsted, investor in the Connecticut Land Company in the United States
- Andrew J. Olmsted, a U.S. soldier during the Iraq occupation
- Dan Olmsted, a senior editor for United Press International (UPI) and author of the Age of Autism reports
- David Olmsted, an American politician
- Denison Olmsted, an American astronomer
- Frederick E. Olmsted, An American artist
- John Olmsted (1938–2011), an American naturalist and conservationist
- John W. Olmsted (1903–1986), an American historian
- Nathan Olmsted (1812-1898), an American politician
- Thomas Olmsted, an American prelate of the Catholic Church
Usage examples of "olmsted".
Katrina Olmsted and Ray Gottardi going steady, thrown together often at Nico's.
Katie Olmsted was the most feverish of us, it was the onset of her terrible illness perhaps, we would recall that night in Trish Elders's room and think Did it begin then.
Pattianne held and caressed Katie's fingers, none of us was jealous but perhaps we were envious, we yearned to be Katrina Olmsted that night, to have had Katie's amazing dream, we did doubt it was a dream-vision from God, on the eve of the verdict in Reddy Heart's murder trial, one of us cried, "Oh, Katie--what?
It was Katie Olmsted in her new aluminum-and-chrome wheelchair who'd been the first of us to meet John Reddy Heart when he returned, in mid-November, to WHS.
Petey Merchant agonized for days, it may have been weeks, should he ask Katie Olmsted to the prom--"It wasn't that she might be in her wheelchair right then, I could handle O.
Except Katie Olmsted her sweetly dogged way insisted she'd "caught a fleeting glimpse" of him, Sunday morning, 9,48 A.
Even Kate Olmsted who followed a quasi-mystical regimen to maintain her M.
Kate Olmsted ("We try to love her but Kate's a pain in the ass") kept intervening, taking flash photos.
Our former Willowsvillian cartoonist Chet Halloren was establishing an annual award for most talented cartoonist in the graduating class, and our local artists, photographer Kate Olmsted and painter Trish Elders, were establishing awards in respective fields.
Kate Olmsted, now barefoot, padded about taking flash photos- "For posterity.
Kate Olmsted was photos of The Glass Ark and of John Reddy Heart, or someone who resembled him, on a motorcycle speeding away, to those of us who hadn't seen them before, including Petey Merchant who gnawed his lip, staring in helpless envy--" My name is John Heart, he said," Kate recited, "--'That was all a long time ago.
Our whiz Petey Merchant we'd thought, too, had long since slipped dancing like a puppet jerked on a string with hot-eyed Kate Olmsted stamped the tile terrace with bare, wounded feet as if trying to injure herself.
But Kate Olmsted, that photo-historian of our class, was already scrambling for her camera.
Ken Fischer had driven them around to the rear of the school, Kate Olmsted in his wake, and now several of them were trying to precisely John Reddy Heart had usually parked the Cadillac.
Parking her Lexus by, Kate Olmsted reached for her camera, as if reaching for a part of her body, and emerged already snapping--"I had a premonition that this would be one of those radiant moments--an epiphany.