Crossword clues for ocala
- Onetime center for the distribution of oranges
- Fort town in the Second Seminole War
- Florida resort
- Fla. orange-shipping center
- Fla. city
- City in Fla.
- City near Gainesville
- Central Fla. city
- City in Fla. (5)
- ___ National Forest, Fla.
- City in Marion Co., Fla.
- City S of Gainesville
- City near Silver Springs
- Fruit-shipping Fla. city
- Orange-shipping Fla. city
- Orange-shipping city in Fla.
- Fla.'s Marion County seat
- City near Gainesville, Fla.
- City in Florida
- City between Jacksonville and Tampa
- Seat of Fla.'s Marion County
- Fla. citrus center
- City NE of Tampa
- Location of Silver Springs, Fla.
- City near Silver Springs, Fla.
- Neighbor of Silver Springs, Fla.
- Fla. city near Silver Springs
- City south of Gainesville
- Florida city
- City in Florida's horse country
- Silver Springs neighbor
- Florida's ___ National Forest
- City SSE of Gainesville
- Florida citrus center
- City NNE of Tampa
- Neighbor of Silver Springs
- City due west of Daytona Beach
- City in central Florida
- Florida county seat
- City whose name is derived from a Timucua Indian name
- Florida citrus city
- Central Florida city
- City between Gainesville and Orlando
- Seat of Marion County, Fla.
- City west of Daytona Beach
- Central Florida Community College site
- City just NE of Citrus County
- City just west of Silver Springs
- City NW of Orlando
- City SSW of Jacksonville
- Sunshine State city
- Southern city known as the Horse Capital of the World
- Southern city called the Horse Capital of the World
- City between Citrus Springs and Silver Springs
Housing Units (2000): 20501
Land area (2000): 38.633193 sq. miles (100.059505 sq. km)
Water area (2000): 0.000000 sq. miles (0.000000 sq. km)
Total area (2000): 38.633193 sq. miles (100.059505 sq. km)
FIPS code: 50750
Located within: Florida (FL), FIPS 12
Location: 29.187704 N, 82.130613 W
ZIP Codes (1990):
Note: some ZIP codes may be omitted esp. for suburbs.
Usage examples of "ocala".
Sweep southward along the teeming lagoons of Georgia, cross Apalachee Channel, and find Ocala Island.
During the first four years of the Rebel's exile, when resolution was still strong and optimism ran so high that some of the Ocala settlers dared to have children, appropriate technology was all the rage.
When the charms of simple technology paled and Ocala enjoyed a brief spurt of highly sophisticated manufacturing, Kyllikki acquired a solar powered auxiliary engine that drove a pair of retractable cycloidal impeller rotors, similar to those in the all-terrain vehicles that the Rebels had originally brought with them from the Milieu.
He surmised that he was hearing a broadcast from Orlando or Ocala, but with interference from stations in other nearby cities, perhaps Daytona, or Leesburg and Eustis, not far off in Lake County.
The little town of Ocala has always been my favorite Florida city, combining, as it does, the best aspects of Georgia and the worst side of Florida.
For more than two months, ever since they had dared to leave the camp on the Moroccan shore to which they had been diverted by their elders, the runaway adult children of Ocala Island had fled northeast by north toward that landmark that had somehow become symbolic of their guilt and daring.