Crossword clues for oas
- International grp. since 1948
- W. Hemisphere alliance
- Post-W.W. II alliance
- Peace grp. since 1948
- Alliance created in '48
- Mex. and Uru. are in it
- Western alliance, for short
- Grp. that suspended Honduras in 2009
- Grp. that suspended Honduras from 2009 to '11
- Alliance HQ'd near the White House
- Defense grp. since 1948
- Hemispheric grp.
- Defense grp. founded in BogotГЎ
- Western Hemisphere treaty grp.
- 35-nation alliance, briefly
- An association of countries in the western hemisphere
- Created in 1948 to promote military and economic and social and cultural cooperation
- West. entente
- Assn. begun in 1948
- Fr. rebels in the 1960's
- Pan-American org.
- Int. group established in 1948
- Fr. rebels in the 60's
- PAU's successor
- Gp. established at Bogotá: 1948
- ABC countries and more
- Western Hemisphere acronym
- Western treaty org.
- Western-alliance initials
- Group established at Bogotá in 1948
- Alliance acronym
- Pan-Amer. union
- Pan-Am. org.
- Western org.
- Western pact gp.
- American PAct org.
- Treaty gp. formed in 1948
- Group comprising U.S., Mex., etc.
- W. Hemisphere gp.
- Org. founded in Bogotá: 1948
- Western org. formed in Bogotá
- Group est. in Bogotá: 1948
- Western alliance
- Rio Treaty seq.
- Int. group created in 1948
- Org. founded in 1948 in Bogotá
- D.C.-based intercontinental grp.
- Org. founded in 1948
- W. Hemisphere org.
- Treaty org. since 1948
- Western Hemisphere assoc.
- Alliance headquartered in D.C.
- Alliance for Progress grp.
- 1948 pact: Abbr.
- Western alliance: Abbr.
- Western treaty grp.
- Intl. group since 1948
- Intl. org. based in D.C.
- Hemispheric assn.
- Rio Treaty implementer: Abbr.
- W. Hemisphere grp.
- Chile and Cuba are in it: Abbr.
- Peace alliance since '48
- Some draft picks
- Peru is part of it: Abbr.
- Alliance formed 4/30/48: Abbr.
- Grp. of which Cuba is a member
- Treaty inits.
- Alliance since 1948: Abbr.
- Grp. founded in BogotГЎ
- Western Hemisphere org.
- Assn. formed in BogotГЎ
- The U.S. and Can. are in it
- Treaty grp.
- Alliance created in 1948: Abbr.
- W. Hemisphere group
- West. alliance
- Grp. formed in BogotГЎ
- Mex. and Arg. are in it
- Western defense grp.
- DefenseВ grp. formed in BogotГЎ
- Mex. was one of its charter members
- Intl. assn. created in 1948
- New World grp.
- Western Hemisphere grp.
- Intl. assn. since 1948
- Grp. formed in BogotГЎ in 1948
- Group west of the Atlantic: Abbr.
- Intl. group with 35 members
- Grp. that includes Canada and Colombia
- Charter of Punta del Este grp.
The Collaborative International Dictionary
OAS \OAS\ n. The Organization of American States an international association of countries in the Western hemisphere. It was created in 1948 to promote military and economic and social and cultural cooperation. [acronym]
Syn: Organization of American States.
init. 1 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Organization%20of%20American%20States 2 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Organisation%20de%20l'arm%C3%A9e%20secr%C3%A8te 3 (label en Canada) old age security
Oaş may refer to:
Oaş Country, an ethnographic region in northwestern Romania
- Negreşti-Oaş, a town in Satu Mare County
- Călineşti-Oaş, a commune in Satu Mare County
- Oaş, a village in Frata Commune, Cluj County, Romania
Usage examples of "oas".
The most dangerous man in the room was Georges Watin, aged thirty-nine, a bulky-shouldered, square-fowled OAS fanatic, originally an agricultural engineer from Algeria, who in two years had emerged again as one of the OAS's most dangerous trigger-men.
As the request made by our official counter-espionage service to the competent German security organisations has been refused, and these organisations now expect our agents to be on the heels of Argoud and other OAS leaders, the operation must, in so far as it is directed against the person of Argoud, be carried out with maximum speed and discretion.
But the last page of Rolland's report made plain that the scores of double agents Rolland had been able to infiltrate into even the highest ranks of the OAS had been outflanked by the anonymity of the, assassin, except to three men who were unobtainable in a hotel in Rome, and he could see for himself that the enormous archives of dossiers on everyone who had ever been remotely connected with the OAS, on which the Interior Ministry could usually rely for the information, had been rendered useless by one simple fact.
After a momentary loss of power the Citroen surged forward again towards the intersection with the Avenue du Bois, the side road where the second commando of OAS men waited.
I was struck at once by the fact that although Eliza Durra obviously meant to return that' night when she went out (witness her remark about the stewed peaches)yet her trunk oas all ready packed when they came for it.
As part of the campaign he arranged for the head of the National Resistance Council, the political wing of the OAS, former French Foreign Minister Georges Bidault, to give a series of interviews to newspapers and television across Western Europe to explain the OAS's opposition to General de Gaulle in «.
Argoud's was the flair, the talent, the inspiration behind the offensive the OAS launched on Metropolitan France from then on.
Shortly after the Army mutiny, incensed by the new Gaullist policy and the misery of the small-time farmers and traders of the region, fleeing ruined to a country many of them had hardly seen across the water, he had helped an OAS unit to rob his own bank of thirty million old francs.
All mail for the top men of the OAS was addressed to Poitiers, and was kept by the clerk on duty at the poste restante counter.