n. A tree of the genus ''Quercus'', bearing acorns and having lobed leaf.
n. a deciduous tree of the genus Quercus; has acorns and lobed leaves; "great oaks grow from little acorns" [syn: oak]
Oak Tree or oaktree may refer to:
- Oak tree, a tree or shrub in the genus Quercus
- Oak Tree, County Durham, a village in County Durham, England
- Oak Tree Village, California, an unincorporated community in El Dorado County
- Oak Tree, New Jersey, an unincorporated community in Middlesex County
- Oaktree Capital Management, a global asset management firm
- The Oaktree Foundation, a youth-run aid and development agency
- Oak Tree Press, a small not-for-profit publishing house
- Oak Tree Business Systems, a document publishing company in Big Bear Lake, California
- Oak Tree National, a golf club in Edmond, Oklahoma
- Oak Tree Grand Prix, a sports car race held at the Virginia International Raceway in Alton, Virginia
- Oaktree Arena, a speedway racing track located near Highbridge, Somerset, England
- OakTree Software, software developers of the Bible study program Accordance
- An Oak Tree, an artwork by Michael Craig-Martin
Usage examples of "oak tree".
Willow Severty told that gaggle of hysterical feminists that a flowering oak tree was all they needed to make us look pathetic.
Then she looked at John Rowlands, standing empty-eyed and stiff beside the broad oak tree, and she moved swiftly to him and took both his hands.
It was an oak tree, more vast and ancient than any tree they had ever seen.
Back around the oak tree, he searched for her, but she was nowhere to be found.
I had a sense that something moved up in those oak tree branches, amongst their darkest shadow.
In the spot under the oak tree where Pappy had parked his truck every day of my life, the ruts were bare.