The Collaborative International Dictionary
Oad \Oad\ ([=o]d), n.
See Woad. [Obs.]
n. (obsolete form of woad English)
OAD may refer to:
- Overrunning Alternator Decoupler, separates (decouples) the alternator rotor inertia from the accessory drive belt by use of a steel torsion spring isolator mechanism.
- Object-oriented analysis and design, a software engineering approach.
- On-Air Download, a method of upgrading TV or set-top box firmware.
- Auditory processing disorder or obscure auditory dysfunction (OAD), an auditory condition.
- Original Air Date the (dd/mm/yy) of the original broadcast, a term usually used for radio productions but can also apply to TV.
- The Open Access Directory, founded by Peter Suber and Robin Peek
- "Original Animation DVD", a term used for anime series released first onto DVD—see Original video animation
- Oral antidiabetic drugs.
- New Oxford American Dictionary
- Overseas Arrivals and Departures
Usage examples of "oad".
Mike Carlson, the bully of H oad, and the next she was pushing you off the gym.
I used to pldge The only other way in was to go on to the oad and through the front gate.
The men who had oaded the dollies were busy rigging the straps to the rear dolly.