n. (context rugby English) A player in the scrum, who controls the movement of the scrum, and can pick up the ball exiting the scrum.
Number Eight is a female humanoid Cylon model on the television series Battlestar Galactica, a reimagining of the classic show of the same name. She is portrayed by Grace Park. Two prominent Number Eight copies serving as Galactica pilots are Sharon Valerii and Sharon Agathon, using the call signs "Boomer" and "Athena", respectively.
Number Eight may refer to:
- 8 (number), the natural number
- 8 (J.J. Cale album) by the American singer-songwriter and musician
- Number 8, Pershore, community arts centre in England, United Kingdom
- Number Eight (Battlestar Galactica), a character from the 2003 version of the television series Battlestar Galactica
- Number Eight (The Prisoner), a character in the episode " The Chimes of Big Ben" from the television series The Prisoner
- 8, the pseudonym of American musician Corey Taylor, when performing with Slipknot
- Number eight (rugby union), a rugby union position
- The Rifle, No 8 .22 cadet rifle used by UK Cadet Forces
Usage examples of "number eight".
The croupier in her black-and-white habit spun the wheel and the ball clattered into number eight.