Nõmme ( Estonian for "Heath") is one of the 8 administrative districts of Tallinn, the capital of Estonia. It has a population of 39,564 and covers an area of , population density is . The district mostly consists of older private houses and is sometimes known as the "forest city." It is one of the wealthiest regions in Estonia.
Nõmme may refer to several places in Estonia:
- Nõmme, district of Tallinn
- Nõmme (subdistrict), subdistrict in Nõmme District, Tallinn
- Nõmme, Käina Parish, village in Käina Parish, Hiiu County
- Nõmme, Kõrgessaare Parish, village in Hiiu Parish, Hiiu County
- Nõmme, Pühalepa Parish, village in Pühalepa Parish, Hiiu County
- Nõmme, Jõgeva County, village in Kasepää Parish, Jõgeva County
- Nõmme, Martna Parish, village in Martna Parish, Lääne County
- Nõmme, Ridala Parish, village in Ridala Parish, Lääne County
- Nõmme, Lääne-Viru County, village in Väike-Maarja Parish, Lääne-Viru County
- Nõmme, Pärnu County, village in Varbla Parish, Pärnu County
- Nõmme, Rapla County, village in Rapla Parish, Rapla County
- Nõmme, Lääne-Saare Parish, village in Lääne-Saare Parish, Saare County
- Nõmme, Laimjala Parish, village in Laimjala Parish, Saare County
- Nõmme, Leisi Parish, village in Leisi Parish, Saare County
Usage examples of "nomme".
Here is a very fine salmon before me: and May is the very point nomme to have salmon in perfection.
Quatre-vingts ans apres vivait un comte de Flandre nomme Arnould et surnomme le Pieux.
Barizel recherchait les journalistes, au moins etait-ce vrai en partie et particulierement pour un correspondant de journaux francais et americains nomme Leplaquet.
Dayelle et le banquier Avizard, et un troisieme que tu as peut-etre vu ou dont tu as peut-etre entendu parler, un correspondant de journaux nomme Leplaquet.
De piller et manger le bonhomme Qui de longtemps Jacques Bonhomme Se nomme.