Niyogi Brahmins are those Brahmins who took up various secular vocations including military activities and gave up religious vocation, especially the priesthood. They were associated with administration, economics, literature, music composing, politics, scholarly, scientific, defense and warfare careers.
Niyogi is a caste of Brahmins.
Niyogi may also refer to:
- Audrey Stevens Niyogi, American biochemist and co-discoverer of RNA polymerase
- Kanailal Niyogi, activist for the Bengali Language Movement
- Jnananjan Niyogi, social reformer and activist with the Indian Independence Movement
- Partha Niyogi, professor of computer science and statistics at the University of Chicago
- Shankar Guha Niyogi, Indian labor activist