Crossword clues for nin
- French diarist Anais
- Diary writer Anais
- Author of "D.H. Lawrence: An Unprofessional Study"
- "Seduction of the Minotaur" writer Anaïs
- "Henry & June" diarist
- "Delta of Venus" writer
- ''Seduction of the Minotaur'' author Anais
- ''Ladders to Fire'' novelist Anais
- ''Delta of Venus'' writer
- Writer who said "What I cannot love, I overlook"
- Writer who said "The only abnormality is the incapacity to love"
- Writer who said "Living never wore one out so much as the effort not to live"
- Writer who referred to her simultaneous marriages as a "bicoastal trapeze"
- Writer Anaos
- Vidal colleague
- Trent Reznor's band, initially
- Trent Reznor's band, in shorthand
- Trent Reznor's band, briefly
- Trent Reznor band, initially
- The Delta of Venus author
- She said, "We see things as we are"
- She said, "Anxiety is love's greatest killer"
- She said "I write emotional algebra"
- Rock band with the 1994 4x platinum album "The Downward Spiral," for short
- Risque diarist
- Reznor's initials
- Reznor's band, initially
- Prolific diarist of the 20th century
- Palindromic abbreviation in industrial music
- Palindromic "Delta of Venus" author
- One-time partner of novelist Miller
- Novelist who wrote "I have no fear of depths and a great fear of shallow living"
- Novelist AnaÃ¯s
- Nothing Records flagship band, to fans
- Noted industrial band since 1988, on shirts
- Noted 20th-century diarist
- Literary bigamist
- Influential industrial band, on concert shirts
- Industrial logo?
- Henry and June role
- Ghostwriter of "Under a Glass Bell"?
- French-American diarist
- Erotic diary writer
- Diary writer Anas
- Diarist who was a bigamist
- Diarist of note
- Diarist from Paris' suburbs
- Diarist Anias
- Diarist Anais ____
- Diarist AnaÃ¯s
- Diarist Ana?s ___
- Diarist Ana?s
- Delta of Venus author
- Cleveland industrial band, briefly
- Children of the Albatross author
- Big initials in industrial music
- Band whose last album was "The Slip," for short
- Band that stopped touring as of September 10, 2009, for short
- Author who kept journals for 60+ years
- Author of A WomanSpeaks
- Author of "This Hunger"
- Author best known for her journals
- Anais whose diary spans over 60 years
- Anais the diarist
- Anaïs of "Henry & June"
- Anais ___
- American diarist Anais
- 60+-year diarist
- "Winter of Artifice" novelist
- "Seduction of the Minotaur" novelist Anais ___
- "Seduction of the Minotaur" novelist
- "March of the Pigs" band, on t-shirts
- "Little Birds" author AnaÃ¯s
- "Hurt" band, briefly
- "House of Incest" novelist
- "Henry & June" writer Anaïs
- "Henry & June" figure
- "Head Like a Hole" band, briefly
- "Happiness in Slavery" band, for short
- "Delta of Venus" author AnaÃ¯s
- "Collages" novelist Anais
- "A Woman Speaks" writer
- ''Under a Glass Bell'' author
- ''Children of the Albatross'' author
- "Delta of Venus" author Anais
- "Henry & June" author Anais
- Famous diarist
- "A Spy in the House of Love" author
- "Under a Glass Bell" author
- Diarist Anaïs ___
- "Under a Glass Bell" writer
- "The Delta of Venus" author
- Palindromic diarist Anaïs
- "House of Incest" novelist Anaïs
- "Delta of Venus" writer Anaïs
- "Glass Bell" writer
- "Henry and June" diarist
- "House of Incest" author Anais
- "Henry & June" role
- "Ladders to Fire" novelist Anaïs
- "Winter of Artifice" writer
- Writer Anaïs ___
- Writer AnaГЇs
- See 6-Across
- "Children of the Albatross" author Anaïs
- "Cities of the Interior" novelist
- Diarist AnaГЇs
- Miller's lover in "Henry & June"
- Miller mistress
- "Little Birds" writer
- "Ladders to Fire" novelist AnaГЇs
- "Delta of Venus" writer AnaГЇs
- "Little Birds" author Anaïs
- "A Woman Speaks" writer Anaïs
- Palindromic writer
- "The Four-Chambered Heart" novelist
- See 16-Across
- "Seduction of the Minotaur" author Anaïs
- See 52-Down
- "Ladders to Fire" writer
- Author of the story collection "Little Birds"
- вЂњChildren of the AlbatrossвЂќ author
- AnaГЇs ___, "Delta of Venus" author
- "The Novel of the Future" author
- "Collages" novelist, 1964
- "A Woman Speaks" writer AnaГЇs
- "Children of the Albatross" novelist
- Novelist who had two spouses simultaneously
- Who said "We write to taste life twice, in the moment, and in retrospection"
- "Collages" author Anaïs
- Novelist AnaГЇs
- AnaГЇs of "Henry & June"
- 20th-century author famous for her journals
- Anais of erotica
- "Henry & June" role
- Author Anaïs
- Contemporary diarist
- She wrote "Solar Barque"
- "Ladders to Fire" author
- "Henry & June" author
- "Solar Barque" author
- She wrote "Delta of Venus"
- French-born diarist
- She wrote "This Hunger": 1945
- Acquaintance of Henry Miller
- She wrote "The House of Incest": 1949
- Diary-writer Anais
- Author of "This Hunger": 1945
- Anaïs, the writer
- Anaïs ___, "Delta of Venus" author
- Pianist ___ y Castellano
- "Winter of Artifice" author
- Miller's lover in "Henry & June"
- French diarist Anas
- Diarist Anas
- French author
- Noted diarist with a palindromic name
- ''Delta of Venus'' author Anais
- Novelist Anais
- Trent Reznor's band, for short
- "Collages" author
- ''Delta of Venus'' author
- Writer AnaÃ¯s
- Trent Reznor's band, on T-shirts
- Reznor band, for short
- Palindromic diary keeper
- House of Incest author
The Collaborative International Dictionary
nin \nin\ [Fr. ne in.]
Not in. [Obs.]
n. (context dialect Liverpool English) Affectionate name for a grandmother.
NIN ( Serbian Cyrillic: НИН) is a weekly newsmagazine published in Belgrade, Serbia. Its name is an acronym for Nedeljne informativne novine (Недељне информативне новине) which roughly translates into Weekly Informational Newspaper.
Though a current events magazine in its essence, NIN also earned an esteemed reputation due to a long tradition of opening its pages to the best and the brightest within Serbian, and previously Yugoslav society, whether in arts, sciences, or even sports. This reputation has recently somewhat been tarnished as the magazine was forced into commercial competition with numerous political periodicals that sprung up in Serbia after the collapse of socialism. Since then, NIN has adopted a slightly more populist tone, though it is still highly regarded.
, the magazine had 35 employees.
In July 2008, the magazine celebrated the release of its 3000th issue. On March 13, 2009 it was announced that majority stake in the magazine was bought by Swiss media company Ringier AG.
Nin or NIN may refer to:
- Netherlands Institute for Neuroscience, a neuroscience research institute in Amsterdam, the Netherlands
- Nine Inch Nails, an American industrial rock project of Trent Reznor
- NIN (magazine), a Serbian political magazine
- NIN (cuneiform), the Sumerian sign for lady
- NIN (gene), a human gene
- Nion or Nin, a letter in the Ogham alphabet
- National identification number, a system used by governments around the world to keep track of their citizens
- Akira Nishitani (aka NIN), co-creator of the game Street Fighter II
- Nin-Nin, a character in the erotic anime and manga series La Blue Girl
- Nin, Croatia, a town in the Zadar county of Croatia
- National Institute of Nutrition, Hyderabad
The Sumerian word NIN (from the Akkadian pronunciation of the sign EREŠ) was used to denote a queen or a priestess, and is often translated as "lady". Other translations include "queen", "mistress", "proprietress", and "lord".
The compound form NIN. DINGIR ("divine lady" or "lady of [a] god"), from the Akkadian entu, denotes a priestess.
Ninein is a protein that in humans is encoded by the NIN gene. Ninein, together with its paralog Ninein-like protein is one of the proteins important for centrosomal function. This protein is important for positioning and anchoring the microtubules minus-ends in epithelial cells. Localization of this protein to the centrosome requires three leucine zippers in the central coiled-coil domain. Multiple alternatively spliced transcript variants that encode different isoforms have been reported.
Usage examples of "nin".
If he had been Sev, Niner would have known exactly what he was doing, even without looking.
But Niner thought he probably would, and he admired the Padawan all the more for that.
Backing up to a convenient ledge on the port bulkhead, Niner unclipped his backpack.
He lunged forward and shoulder-charged Niner out of the hatch, grabbing the door frame just in time to stop from plunging after him.
It was clear from the stream of expletives that Niner was not expecting this, nor was he happy about it.
All the nonhuman life Niner had ever seen for real, other than Kaminoans and various instructors, had been on Geonosis and through a blaster sight.
ID, Niner suspectedand marched calmly away, back down their approach route.
When Niner got within visual range of it, there were no trees to be found.
When Niner managed to get into a kneeling position he could see a thoroughly shattered pile of droid, a bit closer to him than the line.
They waited, watching: Niner could hear Atin a few meters away, gathering up equipment and assembling it, ready to pull out.
He reached into the barq for his helmet and detached the comlink, just in case Niner tried to contact him.
One droid, its wheels as high as Niner was tall, swung its bucket scoop unexpectedly and struck his shoulder plate a glancing blow.
Sev, Niner would have known exactly what he was doing, even without looking.
He was too professional and disciplined to slam it on the ground, but Niner picked up on the slight sag of his shoulders.
It looked like the Weequays had been hiding out here, and Niner was pretty sure he knew who they had been avoiding.