is Japan's national public broadcasting organization. NHK, which has always identified itself to audiences by the English pronunciation of its initials, is a publicly owned corporation funded by viewers' payments of a television license fee.
NHK operates two terrestrial television services ( NHK General TV and NHK Educational TV), two satellite television services (NHK BS-1 and NHK BS Premium, both now high-definition television services), and three radio networks ( NHK Radio 1, NHK Radio 2, and NHK FM).
NHK also provides an international broadcasting service, known as NHK World. NHK World is composed of NHK World TV, NHK World Premium, and the shortwave radio service NHK World Radio Japan. World Radio Japan also makes some of its programs available on the Internet.
NHK is the Japanese public broadcasting corporation.
NHK may also refer to:
- NHK Trophy, a figure skating competition jointly held by NHK and Japan Skating Federation
- NHK Spring Company Ltd
- Welcome to the N.H.K., a Japanese novel later adapted into a manga and anime series
- The Dutch Reformed Church (Nederlandse Hervormde Kerk)
- The Nederduitsch Hervormde Kerk van Afrika, a Dutch Reformed denomination in Southern Africa
- Naval Air Station Patuxent River ( IATA and FAA code NHK)
- Nucleosomal Histone Kinase, a protein
- Nozaki–Hiyama–Kishi reaction, a coupling reaction used in organic synthesis