The Collaborative International Dictionary
Neven \Nev"en\, v. t. [Icel. nefna. [root] 267.] To name; to mention; to utter. [Obs.]
As oft I heard my lord them neven.
vb. 1 (context obsolete transitive English) To give as a name to; name; call (someone something). 2 (context obsolete transitive English) To appoint; nominate. 3 (context obsolete transitive English) To mention; speak of; give an account of; tell. 4 (context UK dialectal transitive English) To utter; mention the name of. 5 (context UK dialectal Scotland intransitive English) To tell or make mention of (a person or thing); specify; designate. 6 (context obsolete intransitive English) To say; speak.
Neven ( Cyrillic script: Невен) is a Slavic masculine given name.
People named Neven:
- Neven Jurica (born 1952), Croatian politician
- Neven Marković (born 1987), Bosnian Serb football player
- Neven Mimica (born 1953), Croatian politician and diplomat
- Neven Pajkić (born 1977), Bosnian-Canadian heavyweight boxer
- Neven Sesardić (born 1949), Croatian philosopher
- Neven Spahija (born 1962), Croatian basketball head coach
- Neven Subotić (born 1988), Serbian football defender
- Neven Venkov (born 1982), Bulgarian football midfielder
- Neven Vukman (born 1985), Croatian football midfielder
- Neven Žugaj (born 1983), Croatian male wrestler
Category:Slavic masculine given names Category:Bulgarian masculine given names Category:Croatian masculine given names
Neven may refer to the following articles
- Neven (given name), a Slavic masculine name
- Neven (Surname) is of Scottish Gaelic origin
- Neven Bell, a (non Slavic) character from Monk TV series
- Hartmut Neven (born 1964 in Aachen, Germany) is a scientist working in computational neurobiology, robotics and computer vision
- Neven du Mont, disambiguation page
- Neven (album), M-Flo's 2013 studio album
Neven (stylised as NEVEN) is Japanese dance and hip-hop group M-Flo's seventh original studio album, released on March 13, 2013, one year after their revival album, Square One. It is their second album to not publicly announce the featured vocalists on the CD.
Usage examples of "neven".
Het zilveren theeservies in het midden van den heer De Woude: daar omheen al het zilver, al het kristal, al het fijn porselein, door verwanten en vrienden geofferd, terwijl het prachtig cadeau der beide neven Van Raat, Henk en Paul, een elegant ameublementje van dof blauw satijn voor den kleinen salon der jonggehuwden, de geheele serre, als het ware, encombreerde.