Crossword clues for mura
n. Luminance non-uniformity of a display device.
Mura may refer to:
is a Japanese word meaning "unevenness; irregularity; lack of uniformity; nonuniformity; inequality", and is a key concept in the Toyota Production System (TPS) as one of the three types of waste ( muda, mura, muri). Waste reduction is an effective way to increase profitability. Toyota adopted these three Japanese words as part of their product improvement program, due to their familiarity in common usage.
Mura, in terms of business/process improvement, is avoided through Just-In-Time systems which are based on keeping little or no inventory. These systems supply the production process with the right part, at the right time, in the right amount, using first-in, first-out (FIFO) component flow. Just-In-Time systems create a “pull system” in which each sub-process withdraws its needs from the preceding sub-processes, and ultimately from an outside supplier. When a preceding process does not receive a request or withdrawal it does not make more parts. This type of system is designed to maximize productivity by minimizing storage overhead.
- The assembly line “makes a request to,” or “pulls from” the Paint Shop, which pulls from Body Weld.
- The Body Weld shop pulls from Stamping.
- At the same time, requests are going out to suppliers for specific parts, for the vehicles that have been ordered by customers.
- Small buffers accommodate minor fluctuations, yet allow continuous flow.
If parts or material defects are found in one process, the Just-in-Time approach requires that the problem be quickly identified and corrected.
Mura is a surname. Notable people with the surname include:
- David Mura (born 1952), Japanese-American author, poet, novelist, playwright, critic and performance artist
- Éric Mura (born 1963), French retired footballer
- Frank Mura (1861–?), French-born American painter and water colourist
- Giuseppe Mura (born 1943), Italian boxer
- Steve Mura (born 1955), retired Major League Baseball pitcher
- Takahito Mura (born 1991), Japanese figure skater
- Takashi Mura (born 1960), Japanese figure skater
- Toshio Mura (1925–2009), professor of engineering
Usage examples of "mura".
Aio current of the situation, for her to send messages with her birds, one more on to certain friends in Mura and Hua and one straight north to Kiang, to the farthest reaches of the Empire.
Mura came up from the shore to intercept him, forewarned the moment Omi had opened the garden door.
The four saMurai flanked Blackthorne as he walked down the hill, the harbor still hidden from him, Mura discreetly ten paces back, Omi ahead.
By the time Michael arrived and engaged in similar activities with Mura, since Sart and Palenque had swum to the far end of the pool, Richard was content to languish in a place where he and Meeta could sit with their heads above the surface.
Suzanne was walking with Garona, Perry with Luna, Richard with Meeta, Palenque, and Karena, and Michael with Mura and Sart.
Everyone looked at each other quizzically, but before anyone could speak, the door opened and in walked Mura, Meeta, Palenque, and Karena.
The Rigellian got to his feet, his unblinking reptilian eyes fastened on Dane and Mura, very much aware of the two blasters now centred upon him.
Aveva temuto che la voragine che si era aperta fra quelle mura si fosse progressivamente dilatata, sradicando la realtà fino a consumare tutta la villa.
Poi Orik accompagnò Eragon lungo una serie di scale tortuose, finché non arrivarono in una piccola alcova ricavata nelle mura esterne di Tronjheim.
Happily Mura obliged and told about the first night and the bath house.
Little Mura had hardly spoken since they had sighted the ruins, he had dragged back on his guide rope, his eyes darting from one side of the street to the other as if at any moment he expected some formless horror to dash at him out of the murk.