MMX is a single instruction, multiple data ( SIMD) instruction set designed by Intel, introduced in 1997 with its P5-based Pentium line of microprocessors, designated as "Pentium with MMX Technology". It developed out of a similar unit introduced on the Intel i860, and earlier the Intel i750 video pixel processor. MMX is a processor supplementary capability that is supported on recent IA-32 processors by Intel and other vendors.
MMX has subsequently been extended by several programs by Intel and others: 3DNow! and ongoing revisions of Streaming SIMD Extensions (SSE).
MMX may refer to:
- 2010, in Roman numerals
- MMX (instruction set), a single-instruction, multiple-data instruction set designed by Intel
- MMX, an album by rapper Xzibit that had been delayed to 2011 and thus was renamed as MMXI
- MMX (Twelfth Night album), a 2010 album by Twelfth Night
- MMX (War from a Harlots Mouth album), a 2010 album by War from a Harlots Mouth
- MMX Miner, a Brazilian mining company
- Malmö Airport, an airport in Sweden (IATA airport code)
- Mega Man X, a series of video games produced by Capcom and the eponymous main character
- Michelson–Morley experiment, the 1887 experiment attempting to find evidence of the luminiferous aether
- MMX Mineração, the mining company that is controlled by the Brazilian conglomerate, EBX Group
- Might & Magic X: Legacy, a 2014 video role-playing game in the Might & Magic series
MMX is a live CD and DVD released by UK neo-progressive band Twelfth Night in 2010. It is the band's first newly recorded album since 1986.
MMX is the third studio album by German metalcore band War from a Harlots Mouth. It was released on October 29, 2010 through Lifeforce Records.
"MMX (The Social Song)" is a single by the band Enigma released on December 15, 2010 to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the musical project.
In October 2010 Enigma's producer Michael Cretu invited the fans to record themselves and vote for a vocalist to create the song via internet.
Latvian Fox Lima's (Alise Ketnere) "Fei Mea" was the most voted and became the lead vocal for the chorus of the social song.
The 3 runners up, J.Spring (Jerome Pringault) from Spain, Mark Josher from Brazil and Rasa Serra (Rasa Veretenceviene) from Lithuania provided other important parts of the vocals like the backings, bridge and verse of the final version of the single.
All 4 vocalists are fully credited for the lyrics and music.
Fans were also involved in the production of the song choosing a solo instrument, its final style and mood as well as its cover art created by Lars Doerwald.
Finally Arístides Moreno (Steadycamline) was voted by the fans to direct the official video which was released on YouTube, Enigma's official website and Facebook on March 17, 2011.
Arístides Moreno (Steadycamline) also directed and edited a making-of video of the event.
"MMX" is the first track Michael recorded on his own in his mobile producing studio called Merlin, and it is also the first song ever created and produced via the internet exclusively for and by fans.