Mineiro feminine: Mineira), also called Brazilian mountain dialect, is the Brazilian Portuguese term for the inhabitants of the Brazilian state of Minas Gerais and also the characteristic accent spoken in the heart of that state, and also in its capital, Belo Horizonte.
This dialect is quite complicated, due the pronunciation of the words, which is fast and curled. There are times when other Brazilians, who speak other dialects, do not understand what the mineiros speak.
Carlos Luciano da Silva, nicknamed Mineiro (born on 2 August 1975, in Porto Alegre, Rio Grande do Sul) is Brazilian footballer who last played for German fourth division side TuS Koblenz.
His nickname "Mineiro" means somebody from the state of Minas Gerais, even though he is actually from the Brazilian state of Rio Grande do Sul. This nickname was given to him because of his shy and quiet personality, typical of someone from Minas Gerais.
Mineiro may refer to:
- Demonym of Minas Gerais state, Brazil
- Mineiro, a Brazilian Portuguese language accent
- Campeonato Mineiro, a Brazilian football (soccer) competition
- Campeonato Mineiro (lower levels), a Brazilian football (soccer) competition
- Mineiros Esporte Clube, a Brazilian football (soccer) club
- Mineiro (basketball player) (born 1988), a Brazilian basketball player (center)
- Mineiro (footballer) (born 1975), a Brazilian footballer (defensive midfielder)
- Huenes Marcelo Lemos (born 1981), a Brazilian footballer (defender)
- Lucas Mineiro (born 1988), a Brazilian mixed martial artist