Crossword clues for milano
Housing Units (2000): 192
Land area (2000): 1.948311 sq. miles (5.046101 sq. km)
Water area (2000): 0.009433 sq. miles (0.024431 sq. km)
Total area (2000): 1.957744 sq. miles (5.070532 sq. km)
FIPS code: 48336
Located within: Texas (TX), FIPS 48
Location: 30.709190 N, 96.863420 W
ZIP Codes (1990): 76556
Note: some ZIP codes may be omitted esp. for suburbs.
Milano cookies are a trademarked dessert manufactured by Pepperidge Farm as part of their series of "European" cookies. Each cookie consists of a thin layer of chocolate sandwiched between two biscuit cookies.
The Milano was created as a result of Pepperidge Farm's original cookie concept, the Naples, which was a single vanilla wafer cookie with dark chocolate filling topping it. The problem this posed was that Naples cookies would end up stuck together when shipped to and sold in warmer climates. The company resolved the problem by sandwiching Naples cookies together, creating the new Milano variety.
The original variety used a filling of dark chocolate. Many additional varieties have since been marketed, such as milk chocolate and double chocolate; other flavors include a layer of mint or sweet orange paste in addition to some form of chocolate.
Milano cookies have primarily been marketed towards adults, as an indulgence food, rather than children. Milano cookies use processed sugar and are made using partially hydrogenated oils.
In Canada, they are sold under the brand name "Monaco" rather than "Milano".
Milano (in English ‘Milan’) is one of the largest cities in Italy.
Milano may also refer to:
- Milano, Texas, United States
- Milano (cookie), a trademarked dessert
- Milano, the brand name used by the Pizza Express restaurant chain in Ireland.
- Milano The New School for Management and Urban Policy, a public policy and management school located in New York City.
- Alfa Romeo 75, which is sold in North America as the Milano.
- FK Milano Kumanovo, a football club in Macedonia
- Scuderia Milano, a former Formula 1 constructor
People with the given name Milano:
- Barbara Milano Keenan (21st century), American lawyer
- Milano Koenders (born 1986), Dutch footballer
People with the surname Milano (a name which implies ethnic origin in Milan, Italy):
- Alyssa Milano (born 1972), American actress and former singer
- Anthony Milano (1888-1978), Italian American mobster
- Archie Milano (1918-1991), American football player
- Billy Milano (21st century), American heavy metal bass guitarist
- Carmen Milano (born 1930), Italian American mobster
- Dan Milano (born 1972), American voice actor and director
- Dante Milano (1899-1991), Brazilian poet
- Fabio Milano (born 1977), Italian baseball player
- Frank Milano (21st century), American judge of New York State and politician
- Fred Milano (1939-2012), American doo-wop singer
- Mario Milano (21st century), Australian professional wrestler
- Massimo Milano (born 1967), Italian music critic
- Mauro Ramiro Milano (born 1984), Argentine football player
- Peter Milano (born 1925), Italian American mobster
- Ramona Milano (born 1969), Canadian actress
Usage examples of "milano".
In Milano much to do, I cannot wait forever for Bergen to change mind.
Calabria, a vassal born of mine, a certain Stefano Milano, the padrone of a Sorrentine felucca, now lying in the port.
A rich clothes designer from Milano, one who had established an international reputation by the time he was thirty, he had just happened to decide, on a whim, to hire a car to take him to Rome instead of going on the usual high-speed train.
We began with some minuets and gavottes, then we passed to some old pieces of Francesco Da Milano and other popular ballads and we went on with some simple dances.