Crossword clues for mgo
The Collaborative International Dictionary
Magnesia \Mag*ne"si*a\ (?; 277), n. [L. Magnesia, fem. of Magnesius of the country Magnesia, Gr. h` Magnhsi`a li`qos a magnet. Cf. Magnet.] (Chem.) A light earthy white substance, consisting of magnesium oxide ( MgO), and obtained by heating magnesium hydrate or carbonate, or by burning magnesium. It has a slightly alkaline reaction, and is used in medicine as a mild antacid laxative. See Magnesium.
Magnesia alba [L.] (Med. Chem.), a bulky white amorphous substance, consisting of a hydrous basic carbonate of magnesium, and used as a mild cathartic.
MGO may refer to:
- Magnesium oxide, the chemical formula MgO
- Methylglyoxal, abbreviated MGO
- Metal Gear Online, a PlayStation 3 online multiplayer spin-off of Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
- Master-General of the Ordnance, was a very senior British military position before 1855
- M145 Machine Gun Optic
- Marine Gas Oil, a blend of diesel fuel
- M-GO, a Movie and TV Show service