Crossword clues for meh
Douglas Harper's Etymology Dictionary
expression of apathy or indifference, by 2003 (perhaps from 1992).
a. 1 mediocre; lackluster; unexceptional; uninspiring. 2 apathetic; unenthusiastic. interj. (context slang English) (non-gloss definition: Expressing indifference or lack of enthusiasm.)
MEH or meh may refer to:
- Meh, an interjection to show a complete lack of interest and/or boredom
- Multiple-effect humidification
- Microsomal epoxide hydrolase
- Mehamn Airport, Norway (IATA code)
- Nuyoo Mixtec language (ISO 639-3 code)
Meh is an interjection used as an expression of indifference or boredom. It may also mean "be it as it may". It is often regarded as a verbal shrug of the shoulders. The use of the term "meh" shows that the speaker is apathetic, uninterested, or indifferent to the question or subject at hand. It is occasionally used as an adjective, meaning something is mediocre or unremarkable.