A hamlet on Burnley Road Hebden Bridge made up of Mayroyd Hall and associated Cottage (mid 17th century) and Mews.
Originally a farm-building called Thornhollin in 1399. In 1435, it was called Meherrode. It was rebuilt in the 15th century.
The present building is an early 17th century hall-and-cross-wing house.
In the 16th century, it was the home of the Sutcliffe family.
Members of the family who are recorded here have included
- John de Wethelay 
- Robert de Southclyff 
- John Sutcliffe [1500s]
- Robert Sutcliffe 
- Matthew Sutcliffe an English clergyman, academic and lawyer who was born here about 1550
- Adam Sutcliffe 
- Brian Bentley 
In the winter of 1643 when Yorkshire was largely the theatre of operations in the English civil war, Mayroyd was a stronghold for the royalists. At that time it belonged to the Cockcroft family, and in the 17th century, it was the home of William Cockcroft, Henry Cockcroft, William Cockcroft , William Cockcroft, and Grace Cockroft .
Several local attorneys – including Thomas Sayer and Robert Alcock - lived and practised here from the early 18th century.
Subsequent owners and tenants have included
- Rev John Crook  who founded Hope Baptist Church in Hebden Bridge in 1858
- John Horsfall  who founded the cloth factory at Calder Mill John Horsfall & Sons
- James Sutcliffe-Thomas JP 
- Sir Harold Sutcliffe [1950s] Conservative member of parliament
Category:Hamlets in West Yorkshire