Crossword clues for mayne
Mayne may refer to:People
- Andrew Mayne, magician and filmmaker
- Brent Mayne (born 1968), American Baseball catcher
- Chris Mayne
- Clarice Mayne
- Cuthbert Mayne (1544–1577), English Roman Catholic priest and martyr
- Edgar Mayne (1882–1961), Australian cricketer
- Edith Mayne (born 1905)
- Edward Mayne (1756–1829)
- Ferdy Mayne (1916–1998)
- James O'Neil Mayne, Australian philanthropist
- Jasper Mayne (1604–1672)
- Jennifer "Jenny" Mayne (born 1979), Depeche Mode #1 Fan
- John Mayne (1759–1836)
- Kenny Mayne (born 1959)
- Laurie Mayne (born 1942)
- Lennie Mayne (1928–1977)
- Lonnie Mayne
- Mary Emelia Mayne (1858–1940), Australian philanthropist
- Michael Mayne
- Mosley Mayne (1889–1955), British Indian Army officer
- Paddy Mayne (1915–1955), Northern Irish soldier and athlete
- Richard Mayne (1796–1868), first joint Commissioner of the Metropolitan Police
- Richard Charles Mayne (1835–1892), a Royal Navy officer prominent in the history of British Columbia
- Richard Mayne (administrator) (1926–2009), British international civil servant, writer
- Roger Mayne (born 1929), English photographer
- Seymour Mayne (born 1944), Canadian poet and literary translator
- Simon Mayne (1612–1661)
- Stephen Mayne (born 1969), Australian journalist
- Thom Mayne (born 1944)
- Thomas Mayne (disambiguation)
- Wiley Mayne
- William Mayne (1928–2010), British children's fiction author
- William Cyril Mayne (1877–1962), English clergyman and classical scholar
- Mayne, County Westmeath, a townland in Mayne civil parish, barony of Fore, County Westmeath, Ireland
- Mayne, County Westmeath (civil parish), a civil parish in the barony of Fore, County Westmeath, Ireland
Mayne Island, British Columbia, Canada
- Mayne Island Water Aerodrome
- Mayne Queen, ferry that serves the island
- Mayne Preceptory, a priory in Dorset, England
- Mayne Australian Football Club, Queensland
- Mayne Coaches, English
- Mayne Pharma, Australian drug company
Usage examples of "mayne".
Langham, the Earl of Mayne, watched his closest friend, Raphael Jourdain, Duke of Holbrook, stand at the altar with a sense of deep satisfaction.
She liked Mayne, and felt hurt that he had never bothered to see how she was doing in her first season.
And since Miss Broderie was just as beautiful, and engaged to Mayne, it was a friendship made in heaven.
If I am not mistaken, you are the only other woman whom the Earl of Mayne asked to marry.
I mean to begin as I shall go on, and therefore I shall inform Mayne that we shall never breakfast together.
What Mayne wanted was to sleep in the same room with Sylvie, not eat there.
The thought made her feel a little queer in the stomach, so she allowed Mayne to tuck her hand under his arm and concentrated on making her smile as rigid as her back.
After that Josie noticed the way women kept turning to look at Mayne, their eyes dancing over him in a manner that made her acutely aware of how prized he was.
Felicia had never quite recovered from a bout of lovesickness she suffered over Mayne, and Griselda tried to avoid her as much as possible.
But Mayne was smooth, smooth except for the muscles standing out under his skin.
The sleek, exquisitely groomed Mayne, in the moonlight filtering through those small overhead windows, looked wild, like Bacchus, the god of wine.
Josie filed it away in her mind as yet another substantial reason why the Earl of Mayne had remained unmarried until the ancient age of thirty-five.
Rather than walking the way she normally did, by putting one leg briskly in front of the other, Mayne was swaying forward.
This was just what Annabel, and Griselda, and finally, Mayne, had told her.
So Mayne took himself off, and Sylvie plumped down next to Lady Feddrington.