Crossword clues for manora
Manorá (or Manó Râ) is a barrio (neighbourhood) of Asunción, the capital of Paraguay. Its limits are the neighbourhoods of San Jorge, Ycuá Satí, Villa Morra, Santo Domingo, Las Lomas and Madame Lynch. It has a population of 1,898 people. The name of this barrio comes from the Guaraní language: the word is Manó means "dying" and the word Râ means "to", so it basically translates "to die for". It is said that the name was given after the beauty of the flowers and trees spread throughout the streets.
Several important people in Paraguayan history such as Francisco Solano López were born in this barrio.
Category:Neighbourhoods of Asunción
Manora may refer to:
- Manora, Karachi, in Karachi, Sindh, Pakistan
- Manora Island, an island in Karachi, Sindh, Pakistan
- Manora Cantonment, in Karachi, Sindh, Pakistan
- Manora Fort, Karachi, Karachi, Sindh, Pakistan
- Manora Fort, Thanjavur, Thanjavur, India
- Manora, Washim, a taulka in Washim district of Maharashtra, India