Makovský was a Czech habitational name for someone from a place called Makov, named with ' ' .
- Vincenc Makovský (1900–1966), Czech sculptor and designer
- Michal Makovský (born 1976), former Czech motorcycle speedway rider
- Miloš Makovský (born 1957), Czech rock guitarist
Makovsky was a Russian artistic family.
Yegor Makovsky (1802-1866), amateur painter and art school co-founder, father of;
- Alexandra Makovskaya (1837–1915), Russian landscape painter
- Konstantin Makovsky (1839–1915), Russian history and portrait painter
- Nikolay Makovsky (1842–1886), Russian genre painter
- Vladimir Makovsky (1846–1920), Russian genre painter and art collector
- Aleksandr Makovsky (1869–1924), Russian painter; son of Vladimir
- Sergey Makovsky (1877–1962), Russian poet, art critic, and organiser of many art expositions; son of Konstantin.
- Elena Luksch-Makovskaya (1878-1967), Russian painter and sculptor, residing in Germany; sister of Sergey.
Other people with the same last name:
- Judianna Makovsky (born 1967), American costume designer
- Zach Makovsky, American mixed martial arts fighter