The Magra is a long river of Northern Italy, which runs through Pontremoli, Filattiera, Villafranca in Lunigiana and Aulla in the province of Massa-Carrara ( Tuscany); Santo Stefano di Magra, Vezzano Ligure, Arcola, Sarzana and Ameglia in the province of La Spezia ( Liguria).
In Roman times, it was known as the Macra and marked the eastern boundary of the territory of Liguria.
The river’s drainage basin occupies around . Its most important tributary is the Vara which joins the Magra from the right within the commune of Santo Stefano di Magra.
Magra may refer to:
- Magra, river in northern Italy
- Magra, California, an unincorporated community in California, United States
- Magra, Tasmania, a locality in Tasmania, Australia
- Magra Islet, a small island in Queensland, Australia
Magra District, a district in Algeria
- Magra, Algeria, a town and commune in the Algerian district
- Magra sheep, a breed of sheep found in India
- Mogra, a village in the West Bengal state of India
- Magra Church, Sweden