Crossword clues for mae
- Clarke who played the bride of Frankenstein
- ___ Jemison, first African-American woman in space
- Ginnie ___ (home loan source)
- West who wrote "Goodness Had Nothing to Do With It"
- Tina Turner's real middle name
- Questel who voiced Olive Oyl
- West who said "I used to be Snow White, but I drifted"
- Actress Whitman of "The Duff"
- Flirtatious wife in "Of Mice and Men"
- West who said "It's better to be looked over than overlooked"
- "___ West Lips Sofa" (DalГ piece)
- Ginnie or Fannie
- West or Murray
- Daisy ___ of Dogpatch
- Marsh or Murray
- Fannie follower, in banks
- Actress Murray
- Murray or Marsh
- West from the East
- West or Marsh
- Fannie chaser, in bank lingo
- Ginnie follower on Wall St.
- Oda ___ Brown, Whoopi in "Ghost"
- Diamond Lil
- West or Clarke
- Follower of Fannie or Ginnie
- Banker's Sallie ___
- Ginnie or Fannie of finance
- Fannie ____ (investment)
- Fannie of finance
- Ginnie ___ (Government security)
- Clarke or Murray
- A West from the East
- W.C.'s chickadee
- Fannie or Ginnie
- Actress West
- Busch or Marsh
- A memorable West
- Murray or West
- Murray of "The Merry Widow": 1925
- Fannie ___ (a security)
- West who went west
- ___ West, of old films
- A West
- Actress Marsh of old films
- Clark or Marsh
- West from Brooklyn
- "Maggie ___," Beatles song
- Actress Clarke of old films
- Financier's Fannie ___
- Fannie ___ (Government issue)
- Actress Clarke
- Ginnie or Sallie chaser
- More, in Glasgow
- Daisy ___ Scraggs
- Actress Murray: 1885–1965
- Fannie follower
- Banker's Fannie ___
- "Maggie ___," Beatles recording
- Busch or West
- Thespian Murray
- Marsh or West
- Clarke or Marsh
- "Maggie ___," Beatles number
- West of Hollywood
- West of Brooklyn
- Common female middle name
- Fannie _____
- She played W.C.'s "chickadee"
- Clarke of "The Public Enemy"
- Al Capp's Daisy _____
- Investor's Ginnie _____
- Alluring West
- Miss West
- Oda _____ (Whoopi's role in "Ghost")
- West of "My Little Chickadee"
- Fannie or Ginnie follower
- W. C. co-star
- Pearl Bailey's middle name
- Screen siren West
- West of "I'm No Angel"
- See 38-Across
- Actress Clarke of "The Front Page"
- Daisy ___
- Murray of the silents
- Fannie ___
- Winnie ___ (famous plane)
- Fannie ___ security
- Ginnie ___
- First name among sex symbols
- Li'l Abner's Daisy ___
- Madonna's role in "A League of Their Own"
- West of films
- West of Tinseltown
- Actress Murray of the silents
- Common girl's middle name
- Dogpatch's Daisy ___
- Author Rita ___ Brown
- Murray of Hollywood
- Wild West
- West of "Go West, Young Man"
- Sex kitten West
- Al Capp's Daisy ___
- Old-time actress West
- Actress Busch
- Flirty wife in "Of Mice and Men"
- Wild wild West
- Annie in "Klondike Annie"
- ___ West (life preserver)
- West in pictures
- Gooper's wife in "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof"
- Busch of Laurel and Hardy films
- Writer Rita ___ Brown
- ___ Jemison, first black woman in space
- Daisy ___, who went to Marryin' Sam
- Oda ___ Brown (Oscar-winning role)
- Fannie ___ (home financing group)
- Singer Ella ___ Morse
- Daisy ___ of "Li'l Abner"
- ___ Axton, co-composer of "Heartbreak Hotel"
- Popular middle name for a girl
- West with the autobiography "Goodness Had Nothing to Do With It"
- Common middle name for a girl
- Murray of silents
- See 72-Across
- RisquГ© West
- ___ West
- Sallie ___
The Collaborative International Dictionary
Douglas Harper's Etymology Dictionary
The Maè is the main watercourse along the val di Zoldo, in Belluno, Italian Eastern Alps. The valley is also called the Valle del Maè (Mae Valley) along Soffranco and Longarone. The Mae Valley near Forno di Zoldo is the site of the Piave-Boite-Vaiont hydroelectric system.
Mae is an English feminine given name. It is a variant of May. The meaning of May, is Fifth Month. Mae may refer to:
- Mae Moore, Canadian singer-songwriter
- Mae Busch (1891–1946), Australian actress
- Mae Marsh (1894–1968), American movie actress
- Mae Murray (1885–1965), American silent film actress
- Mae Questel (1908–1998), American actress
- Mae West (1893–1980), American actress (after whom are named a variety of otherwise unrelated items)
- Mae Whitman (born 1988), American actress
In other fields:
- Mae Jemison (born 1956), the first African-American woman to travel to space
- Mae Schunk (born 1934), the 45th Lieutenant Governor of Minnesota
- Mae Brussell (1922–1988), American radio personality.
Mae, Mäe or Maé is a surname that may refer to
- Audra Mae (born 1984), American singer-songwriter and violin player
- Christophe Maé (born 1975), French singer
- Epp Mäe (born 1992), Estonian wrestler
- Hjalmar Mäe (1901–1978), Estonian politician
- Jaak Mae (born 1972), Estonian cross-country skier
- Vanessa-Mae (born 1978) a British violinist of Thai-Chinese descent
"Mae" is a 1965 song written by Riz Ortolani for the MGM motion picture The Yellow Rolls-Royce; the song is the theme for the section of the film in which ownership of the titular Rolls-Royce passes to a gangster and becomes the backdrop to a dangerous romance between the gangster's girlfriend Mae Jenkins ( Shirley MacLaine) and a young Italian named Stefano ( Alain Delon). The song with English lyrics, "She's Just a Quiet Girl", was recorded and released as a single by Ella Fitzgerald. The tune was covered as an instrumental by Herb Alpert on Going Places, and released as a single both by Alpert and by Pete Fountain, also in 1965.
Usage examples of "mae".
Sex would blow away their selves, Chung Mae, Ken Kuei, like favorite scarves lost in the wind.
Mae and Kwan, Sunni, Siao, Kuei and his new son, Old Mrs Tung, all of them, turned and walked together into the future.
Mae Mauvais was elected president and during the next five years her brother, R.
That night we just had bread toasted in the oven with oleo, and cabbage with some pickle meat, because Aunt Mae used the coupons we needed to get good meat to get something else.
I would sit near her at dinner and listen to everything she said, and one day Poppa began to ask me everything Aunt Mae said to me when we were together, and kept on asking me every day after that.
And then I was mad at Poppa and never told him again what Aunt Mae would talk to me about.
It was about this time that Poppa decided I should go play with other little boys instead of Aunt Mae.
The seeds were gone from where Poppa had put them near the kitchen door, so he must have come to get them when Aunt Mae and I were upstairs taking care of Mother.
The inner wall of the stomach appeared roughened, but Mae said that was normal.
Nana Mae said, and Sarah shook her head, watching Nana Mae catch the bloody, runny mess in a sack.
Savn fingered a yarn-dyed pattern of sharply angled red and white lines against a dark green fabric, while Mae and Pae chatted with Threader about how His Lordship was staying in his manor house near Smallcliff, and Polyi looked bored.
Naval Research Laboratory tests, was a combination of copper acetate and a dark nigrosine dye, and cakes of this mixture were apparently now attached to the Mae Wests of all the U.
Lily and Mae were scampering down the hill, Stephen close behind them, holding a chubby, dark-haired toddler in his arms.
The shortstop, a junior high school kid named Bobby Maes, scooped up the ball and tossed underhand to Joe Mondragon, who, instead of firing it on to first, lowered a shoulder and drove himself savagely into Horsethief Shorty, who was trying to throw a block on him to queer the double play.
Mae Su, very much afraid that Mae Su would decide the only way to keep herself and her own children alive would be to abandon the Nansen stateless person and her unborn child.