n. (plural of macron English)
Macra is a comune (municipality) in the Province of Cuneo in the Italian region Piedmont, located about southwest of Turin and about northwest of Cuneo.
Macra borders the following municipalities: Celle di Macra, Marmora, Sampeyre, San Damiano Macra, and Stroppo.
Macra may refer to:
- Macra, a place in the Province of Cuneo in north-west Italy
- Macra na Feirme, an Irish youth organisation
- the Latin name for the Magra, a river in Liguria and Tuscany in north-Italy
- an acronym for the Medicare Access and CHIP Reauthorization Act of 2015 in the United States.
- the Latin name for the Maira, an Italian river which runs through the province of Cuneo in eastern Piedmont
- Malawi Communications Regulatory Authority
- the Macra, a fictional race of Monsters in Doctor Who
- plural form of macron, a diacritic
Usage examples of "macra".
Don Greenberg and Hamish Macrae, a local member, for the usual pound on game.
Sorry, I would have sent one of the others, but Kempson and Aldridge are both making out their reports for me, and Macrae and Nolan are in the north.
When they heard of the battle which had taken place near the Aous, the Aetolians ravaged the country nearest to them round Sperchiae, and Macra Come, as it is called, and then crossing the frontiers of Thessaly they gained possession of Cymene and Angea at the first assault.
MacRae said and gave Beecher a shove that carried him out onto the floor of the foyer.