Lushi may refer to:
- Lushi County , Henan, China
- Lushi, Hubei , town in Tianmen, Hubei, China
- Lushi (book) , a Song dynasty book of history and mythology
Lüshi may refer to:
- Lüshi (poetry) an eight-line regulated verse style form of Classical Chinese poetry
Lüshi refers to a specific form of Classical Chinese poetry verse form. One of the most important poetry forms of classical Chinese poetry, the lüshi refers to an eight-line regulated verse form with lines made up of five, six, or seven characters; thus:
- Five-character eight-line regulated verse (wulü): a form of regulated verse with eight lines of five characters each.
- Six-character eight-line regulated verse is relatively rare.
- Seven-character eight-line regulated verse (qilü): a form of regulated verse with eight lines of seven characters each.
All lüshi forms are rhymed on the even lines, with one rhyme being used throughout the poem. Also, and definitionally, the tonal profile of the poem is controlled (that is, "regulated").
The Lushi is an unofficial history of China written by Southern Song Dynasty scholar Luo Mi (罗泌; 1131–1203), with key assistance from his son Luo Ping . As Lushi mixes historical facts with legends and folklore, its reliability has been disputed by historians. However, it is a valuable work for the study of ancient Chinese mythology. The extant version of Lushi was assembled by the later scholars based on Luo's work.