Crossword clues for lumpy
Longman Dictionary of Contemporary English
The Collaborative International Dictionary
Lumpy \Lump"y\, a. [Compar. Lumpier; superl. Lumpiest.] Full of lumps, or small compact masses; as, a lumpy bed; a lumpy batch of dough.
Douglas Harper's Etymology Dictionary
1707, from lump (n.) + -y (2). Related: Lumpiness.
a. Full of lumps, not smooth.
Lumpy may refer to:
- Sean Hannity (born 1961), American Radio and Television Host
- Hugh Brannum (1910-1987), American singer, arranger, composer and actor best known for playing "Mr. Green Jeans" on the children's television show Captain Kangaroo
- Tim Herron (born 1970), American golfer
- Lumpy Stevens (1735-1819), English cricketer
- Clarence Rutherford, a friend of Wally Cleaver in the television series Leave it to Beaver
- Lumpy the Heffalump, a character in Walt Disney Winnie-the-Pooh films and a television series
- Lumpy the cook, in the 2005 film King Kong
- Lumpy, a fictional moose in the American flash cartoon Happy Tree Friends
- Lumpawarrump, the son of Chewbacca in the Star Wars universe
- Ed, in Cartoon Network's animated television series Ed, Edd n Eddy
- Lumpy Ridge, Rocky Mountain National Park, Colorado, United States
- TOM's Toyota LMP, a LeMans Prototype car nicknamed "Lumpy"
- LUMPY, original title of the 2012 film Best Man Down
Usage examples of "lumpy".
He looked out of character in the tuxedo that wrinkled baggily around his lumpy body.
He had raised one lumpy hand in a benedictory gesture as he offered this.
The low words seemed to hiss through the gray of the early morning, and Anna bolted upright in the narrow and lumpy pallet bed, not that she had slept that well, with nightmares of various shadowy figures chasing her through improbable settings, none of which she could remember clearly.
Mon Calamari Star Cruisers were plated and shielded to withstand multiple direct hits, but he thought he remembered several more of the huge, lumpy crafts.
And then I could slooshy his bolshy lumpy boots beating off, him going huh huh huh into the darkmans, and it was only about seven seconds after that I slooshied the millicent-van draw up with a filthy great dropping siren-howl, like some bezoomny animal snuffing it.
He forced himself to drink an ordinary tea, and lingered over a, sweet milk pudding, in which there was only one questionable and lumpy substance, exceedingly bitter to the taste-but one could, with dexterity, pick the bits out.
Groping at the table for support, Saltwood noticed the lumpy gizmo of iron and crystal was gone.
But confirmation could be had by looking at his face, which was disfigured by lumpy tumors, called gummas, rimming his mouth and his eyes.
When I heard the porch door slam I waited until I saw her toiling up the road, the lumpy cardigan over one arm and the handbag jigging on its strap.
He had a square, jowly face, a lumpy nose, and a straight, nearly lipless mouth.
Klingsor stood on the balcony, coatless, his bare forearms leaning on the iron railing, and with a touch of sullenness, his eyes hot, read the script of the stars against the pale sky and the gentle lucency on the black, lumpy cloud masses of the trees.
His moppy hair was just starting to lose its sun-bleached brassy sheen and return to a more natural blond while the top of his nose remained lumpy and scarred by layers of precancerous skin.
I went to bed in the rondavel and slept the way I had when I was a child, thick pink Waverley blankets kicked away, lumpy pillow punched under my neck.
Signor Strega-Borgia standing, one arm on the mantelpiece, clad in a dry nappy, Tarantella gazing into the camera with her legs draped over the arm of a chair, Damp asleep propped up against a pinnacle of books, Titus in his pyjamas affecting total boredom as Pandora swung back and forth in front of him, suspended on a lumpy length of spider-silk .
Strega-Borgia standing, one arm on the mantelpiece, clad in a dry nappy, Tarantella gazing into the camera with her legs draped over the arm of a chair, Damp asleep propped up against a pinnacle of books, Titus in his pyjamas affecting total boredom as Pandora swung back and forth in front of him, suspended on a lumpy length of spider-silk .