Crossword clues for lugo
Lugo is a city in northwestern Spain in the autonomous community of Galicia. It is the capital of the province of Lugo. The municipality had a population of 98,560 in 2014, which makes it the fourth most populous city in Galicia.
Lugo is the only city in the world to be surrounded by completely intact Roman walls, which reach a height of along a circuit ringed with 71 towers. The walk along the top is continuous round the circuit, and features ten gates. These 3rd century walls are protected by UNESCO as a World Heritage Site. The bridge over the Minho is essentially of Roman date, though many repairs over the centuries have effaced its Roman character.
Lugo is a comarca in the Galician Province of Lugo.
Lugo is one of the 52 electoral districts (circunscripciónes) used for the Spanish Congress of Deputies—the lower chamber of the Spanish Parliament, the Cortes Generales. It is one of the four districts which correspond to the provinces of Galicia. Lugo is the largest municipality and the only municipality with more than 75,000 voters.
Lugo is a city in Galicia, Spain.
Lugo may also refer to:
- Lugo (surname)
- Lugo, Emilia-Romagna, a town and comune in the province of Ravenna, Emilia-Romagna, Italy.
- Lugo di Vicenza, a town and comune in the province of Vicenza, Veneto, Italy.
- Lugo (province), a province in Galicia, Spain.
- Lugo (comarca), a comarca in the province of Lugo, Galicia, Spain.
- Lugo-di-Nazza, a commune in the Haute-Corse department on the island of Corsica, France.
Lugo is a Spanish surname. Notable people with the surname include:
- Alonso Fernández de Lugo (died 1525), Spanish conquistador
- Amador Lugo Guadarrama (1921–2002), Mexican artist
- Fernando Lugo (born 1951), former president of Paraguay
- José Inocente Lugo (1871–1963), Mexican lawyer
- Julio Lugo (born 1975), baseball shortstop
- Pablo Lugo (born 1932), Puerto Rican boxer
- Pedro Fernández de Lugo (1475–1536), second military governor of the Canary Islands
- Ruddy Lugo (born 1980), baseball pitcher