Crossword clues for lin
- Sculptor Maya
- Designer of Alabama's Civil Rights Memorial
- Vietnam War Memorial designer Maya
- Vietnam Veterans Memorial designer
- Stretched out
- Architectural designer Maya
- Jeremy of the N.B.A.
- Architectural designer of New York's Museum for African Art
- Director Justin of the "Fast and the Furious" franchise
- Asian-American basketball sensation Jeremy
- ___ Biao, Mao Zedong confederate
- Hoopster Jeremy
- Jeremy on the court
- Clearly unhappy person
- Justin who directed "Star Trek Beyond"
- Mao colleague ___ Biao
- Broadway's ___-Manuel Miranda
- United States sculptor and architect whose public works include the memorial to veterans of the Vietnam War in Washington (born in 1959)
- China's _____ Biao
- Mao associate _____ Piao
- Large European tree
- ___ Piao, former Chinese Communist leader
- ___ Yutang (Chinese author)
- Chinese unicorn
- ___ Yutang
- Straight: Abbr.
- Rubbing fluid: Abbr.
- Scotch waterfall
- "Chinatown Family" author ___ Yutang
- Historical Chinese name
- Philosopher _____ Yutang
- Historical Chinese leader _____ Piao
- Kind of algebra: Abbr.
- Maya ___ (Vietnam Wall designer)
- Chinese author ___ Yutang
- China's ___ Yutang
- Author ___ Yutang
- Wister's "___ McLean"
- Vietnam Veterans Memorial designer Maya
- Owen Wister's "___ McLean"
- China's ___ Piao
- Vietnam War Memorial designer
- Artist Maya
- Fantasy novelist Carter
- Memorial designer Maya
- Architect Maya ___
- Vietnam Memorial designer
- Chinese patriot ___Tse-hsГј
- Civil Rights Memorial designer
- Chinese writer ___ Yutang
- Memorial designer Maya ___
- Architect Maya
- Alabama's Civil Rights Memorial architect
- One-dimensional: Abbr.
- Writer ___ Yutang
- "In the Heights" Tony winner ___-Manuel Miranda
- Small harpsichord
The Collaborative International Dictionary
Lin \Lin\, n. [Ir. linn, or Gael. linne; akin to W. llyn a pool, pond, lake, but in senses 2 and 3 prob. from AS. hlynn torrent. Cf. Dunlin.]
A pool or collection of water, particularly one above or below a fall of water.
A waterfall, or cataract; as, a roaring lin.
A steep ravine.
Note: Written also linn and lyn.
Lin \Lin\, v. t. To cease from. [Obs. or Scot.]
Lin \Lin\ (l[i^]n), v. i. [AS. linnan. See Lithe.]
To yield; to stop; to cease. [Obs. or Scot.]
Etymology 1 vb. 1 (context UK dialectal Northern England Scotland English) To desist (from something), stop. 2 (context UK dialectal Northern England Scotland English) To cease; leave off. Etymology 2
alt. 1 A pool or collection of water, particularly one above or below a waterfall. 2 A waterfall, or cataract. 3 A steep ravine. n. 1 A pool or collection of water, particularly one above or below a waterfall. 2 A waterfall, or cataract. 3 A steep ravine.
Lin or LIN may refer to:
- LIN Media, an American television broadcasting group
- Linate Airport, Milan, Italy
- Lingala language, a Bantu language of central Africa
- Liquid nitrogen, nitrogen in a liquid state at an extremely low temperature
- Local Interconnect Network, used by vehicle computers
Lin is the Mandarin romanization of the Chinese surname written 林 in Chinese character. It is also used in Korea and the Philippines. It is also common among overseas Chinese families, in which it is at times pronounced and spelled as Lim because many Chinese descendants are part of the Southern Min diaspora and speak Min Nan. In Hong Kong and Macau, it is spelled as Lam via Cantonese.
Usage examples of "lin".
The average labor cost chargeable against the caulking was 12 cents per lin.
Prince Waldeck spent a great deal for her, and yet he did not prevent her from retaining the titulary protection of a noble Venetian of the Lin family, now extinct, a man about sixty years of age, who was her visitor at every hour of the day.
All around Lin the duckers and divers of Aspic filled the streets on their way to scrape for money, steaLing or begging or selLing or sifting through the piles of rubbish which punctuated the street.
Lin the duckers and divers of Aspic filled the streets on their way to scrape for money, steaLing or begging or selLing or sifting through the piles of rubbish which punctuated the street.
Lin had heard that Hsiao had acquired the weapon from a drug lord in the Golden Triangle.
When he had seen them out of the door and into their car, he called Nevil into his room and picked up the receiver to talk to Aunt Lin about packing a bag.
In the afternoon Kai Lin would come over and comb out the tangles that Popo missed at the back of his neck.
That leaves Rayat, Lin and one spook minder back at base who authorized Rayat to deploy nukes, and anyone who fails to use their authority to bring the guilty to justice.
Lin and Rayat were still alive, either, or that Ade had infected them.
They discussed who the key minister in the ministry was and they decided on Lin Muhan, a well-known intellect in China and a labelled rightist who had been through some horrifying times during the Cultural Revolution.
Lin would meander through the bazaar until she came to Sheck, dense and chaotic with intricate streets and sprawLing brick apartment buildings.
I stood was to be the place where Lin Slone taught Lucy Bostil to ride the great stallion Wildfire.
Lin unbuckled her safety strap and propelled herself over to a supply cabinet door.
Elite, led by Lin Dixon, combed the villages of Hul, Rhinea, Balt and Jost to the south and west of Boreas, going door to door, barn to barn, field to field, pond to pond.
Lin worked with it, rendering the muscle tone in abstract streaks and drips, a spur-of-the-moment rescue.