Crossword clues for lin
- War Memorial designer
- Vietnam Veterans Memorial sculptor
- Vietnam memorial artist Maya
- Vietnam Memorial architect
- Veterans Memorial designer Maya
- Three-time Tony winner __-Manuel Miranda
- Theater's ___-Manuel Miranda
- The NBA's Jeremy
- The "L" in the Broadway monogram "L.M.M."
- Surprise 2012 New York Knick standout Jeremy __
- Straight: Abbr
- Sculptor/architect Maya
- Rubbing oil: Abbr
- Rocket of note
- Pulitzer winner __-Manuel Miranda
- Pulitzer Prize winner ___-Manuel Miranda
- Prefix with sanity, in 2012 buzz
- Point guard Jeremy who was traded to the Lakers this month
- Point guard Jeremy
- Maya who designed the Vietnam Veterans Memorial
- Maya of Vietnam Memorial fame
- Maya known for sculpture
- Lengthwise: Abbr
- Langston Hughes Library architect
- Lakers point guard Jeremy
- Knicks point guard Jeremy
- Knicks phenom Jeremy who was traded to the Rockets in 2012
- Knicks guard Jeremy
- Justin who directed four of the "Fast and the Furious" films
- Jeremy, the NBA's first Taiwanese-American
- Jeremy who was the toast of the NBA for a hot minute
- Jeremy who was the toast of the NBA for a few weeks before he resumed being mediocre
- Jeremy of the Rockets
- Jeremy of the Brooklyn Nets
- Jeremy of a predictably brief media craze
- Jeremy in the 2012 NBA's Rising Stars Challenge
- Jeremy in a jersey
- Jeremy ___, only current Ivy League-educated NBA player
- Jeremy ___ (Knicks phenom who's now a Rocket)
- Houston Rockets point guard Jeremy who made a big splash with the Knicks
- Houston Rockets point guard Jeremy ___
- Houston Rockets point guard Jeremy
- Houston Rockets guard Jeremy
- Hornets point guard Jeremy
- Hoopster Jeremy of the Houston Rockets
- Hawks point guard Jeremy
- Harvard grad Jeremy who's now a Laker
- Harvard grad in the NBA
- Genetic connection
- Focus of a 2012 NYC sports craze
- First Asian-American NBA champion Jeremy
- Female unicorn
- Desist, OE
- Designer of the Vietnam Veterans Memorial in Washington, D.C
- Designer of Penn Station's "Eclipsed Time"
- Composer and playwright ___-Manuel Miranda
- Civil Rights Memorial designer Maya
- Basketball star Jeremy traded from the Knicks to the Rockets in 2012
- Basketball star Jeremy of the Hornets
- Basketball player who was part of Time Magazine's 2012 "Top 100 Most Influential People in the World"
- Author Dr. Yutang
- Asian-American basketball star Jeremy ___
- Architect Maya --
- Anthony's teammate
- 2012 NBA breakout Jeremy
- "Tomorrow Never Dies" Bond girl Wai ___
- "Taste the ___-Sanity" (2012 Ben & Jerry's froyo)
- "Moana" songwriter___-Manuel Miranda
- "Moana" songwriter ___-Manuel Miranda
- "Mary Poppins Returns" actor __-Manuel Miranda
- "Hamilton" writer, to his friends
- "Hamilton" genius ___-Manuel Miranda
- "Hamilton" creator/star ___-Manuel Miranda
- "Fast Five" director Justin
- "Fast & Furious 6" director Justin
- "Better Luck Tomorrow" director Justin
- "___ McLean" (Owen Wister novel)
- ''The Flight of the Innocents'' author Yutang
- ___-Manuel Miranda (genius behind "Hamilton")
- ___-Manuel Miranda ("Hamilton" star)
- ___-Manuel Miranda ("Hamilton" creator)
- __ ft.: lumber meas
- Historical Chinese name
- Philosopher _____ Yutang
- Historical Chinese leader _____ Piao
- Kind of algebra: Abbr.
- Maya ___ (Vietnam Wall designer)
- Chinese author ___ Yutang
- China's ___ Yutang
- Author ___ Yutang
- Wister's "___ McLean"
- Vietnam Veterans Memorial designer Maya
- Owen Wister's "___ McLean"
- China's ___ Piao
- Vietnam War Memorial designer Maya
- Artist Maya
- Fantasy novelist Carter
- Memorial designer Maya ___
- Architect Maya ___
- Vietnam Memorial designer Maya
- Chinese patriot ___Tse-hsГј
- Civil Rights Memorial designer Maya __
- Chinese writer ___ Yutang
- Architect Maya who created the Civil Rights Memorial
- Alabama's Civil Rights Memorial architect
- One-dimensional: Abbr.
- Writer ___ Yutang
- "In the Heights" Tony winner ___-Manuel Miranda
- Small harpsichord
- Sculptor Maya
- Designer of Alabama's Civil Rights Memorial
- Stretched out
- Architectural designer Maya
- Jeremy of the N.B.A.
- Architectural designer of New York's Museum for African Art
- Director Justin of the "Fast and the Furious" franchise
- Asian-American basketball sensation Jeremy
- ___ Biao, Mao Zedong confederate
- Hoopster Jeremy who created quite a sensation in 2012 as a Knick
- Jeremy on the court
- Clearly unhappy person
- Justin who directed "Star Trek Beyond"
- Mao colleague ___ Biao
- Broadway's ___-Manuel Miranda
- United States sculptor and architect whose public works include the memorial to veterans of the Vietnam War in Washington (born in 1959)
- China's _____ Biao
- Mao associate _____ Piao
- Large European tree
- ___ Piao, former Chinese Communist leader
- ___ Yutang (Chinese author)
- Chinese unicorn
- Straight: Abbr.
- Rubbing fluid: Abbr.
- Scotch waterfall
- "Chinatown Family" author ___ Yutang
- Chinese patriot ___Tse-hsü
- Vietnam Veterans Memorial designer
- Author Yutang
- Jeremy of the NBA
- "Hamilton" creator ___-Manuel Miranda
- Vietnam Veterans Memorial architect Maya ___
- Civil Rights Memorial architect
- Jeremy of basketball
- "Hamilton" creator __-Manuel Miranda
- Writer Yutang
- Vietnam Wall designer Maya
- Basketball's Jeremy
- ___-Manuel Miranda, creator of "Hamilton"
- Vietnam memorial architect Maya
- NBA's Jeremy
- Medal of Freedom architect
- Designer Maya
- "Star Trek Beyond" director Justin
- Nets point guard Jeremy
- NBA point guard Jeremy
- Maya of architecture
- Langston Hughes Library designer Maya
- Jeremy of the Lakers
- Jeremy of the Houston Rockets
- Actress Shaye of "There's Something About Mary"
- "Hamilton" composer ___-Manuel Miranda
- ''Moment in Peking'' author Yutang
- Wister's ''___ McLean''
The Collaborative International Dictionary
Lin \Lin\, n. [Ir. linn, or Gael. linne; akin to W. llyn a pool, pond, lake, but in senses 2 and 3 prob. from AS. hlynn torrent. Cf. Dunlin.]
A pool or collection of water, particularly one above or below a fall of water.
A waterfall, or cataract; as, a roaring lin.
A steep ravine.
Note: Written also linn and lyn.
Lin \Lin\, v. t. To cease from. [Obs. or Scot.]
Lin \Lin\ (l[i^]n), v. i. [AS. linnan. See Lithe.]
To yield; to stop; to cease. [Obs. or Scot.]
Etymology 1 vb. 1 (context UK dialectal Northern England Scotland English) To desist (from something), stop. 2 (context UK dialectal Northern England Scotland English) To cease; leave off. Etymology 2
alt. 1 A pool or collection of water, particularly one above or below a waterfall. 2 A waterfall, or cataract. 3 A steep ravine. n. 1 A pool or collection of water, particularly one above or below a waterfall. 2 A waterfall, or cataract. 3 A steep ravine.
Lin or LIN may refer to:
- LIN Media, an American television broadcasting group
- Linate Airport, Milan, Italy
- Lingala language, a Bantu language of central Africa
- Liquid nitrogen, nitrogen in a liquid state at an extremely low temperature
- Local Interconnect Network, used by vehicle computers
Lin is the Mandarin romanization of the Chinese surname written 林 in Chinese character. It is also used in Korea and the Philippines. It is also common among overseas Chinese families, in which it is at times pronounced and spelled as Lim because many Chinese descendants are part of the Southern Min diaspora and speak Min Nan. In Hong Kong and Macau, it is spelled as Lam via Cantonese.
Usage examples of "lin".
The average labor cost chargeable against the caulking was 12 cents per lin.
Prince Waldeck spent a great deal for her, and yet he did not prevent her from retaining the titulary protection of a noble Venetian of the Lin family, now extinct, a man about sixty years of age, who was her visitor at every hour of the day.
All around Lin the duckers and divers of Aspic filled the streets on their way to scrape for money, steaLing or begging or selLing or sifting through the piles of rubbish which punctuated the street.
Lin the duckers and divers of Aspic filled the streets on their way to scrape for money, steaLing or begging or selLing or sifting through the piles of rubbish which punctuated the street.
Lin had heard that Hsiao had acquired the weapon from a drug lord in the Golden Triangle.
When he had seen them out of the door and into their car, he called Nevil into his room and picked up the receiver to talk to Aunt Lin about packing a bag.
In the afternoon Kai Lin would come over and comb out the tangles that Popo missed at the back of his neck.
That leaves Rayat, Lin and one spook minder back at base who authorized Rayat to deploy nukes, and anyone who fails to use their authority to bring the guilty to justice.
Lin and Rayat were still alive, either, or that Ade had infected them.
They discussed who the key minister in the ministry was and they decided on Lin Muhan, a well-known intellect in China and a labelled rightist who had been through some horrifying times during the Cultural Revolution.
Lin would meander through the bazaar until she came to Sheck, dense and chaotic with intricate streets and sprawLing brick apartment buildings.
I stood was to be the place where Lin Slone taught Lucy Bostil to ride the great stallion Wildfire.
Lin unbuckled her safety strap and propelled herself over to a supply cabinet door.
Elite, led by Lin Dixon, combed the villages of Hul, Rhinea, Balt and Jost to the south and west of Boreas, going door to door, barn to barn, field to field, pond to pond.
Lin worked with it, rendering the muscle tone in abstract streaks and drips, a spur-of-the-moment rescue.