Crossword clues for levi
- ___ Strauss & Co. (jeans maker)
- Founder of one of the 12 tribes of Israel
- Israelite tribe progenitor
- 1880s-'90s veep ___ P. Morton
- Traditionally considered to be the author of the first Gospel
- (New Testament) disciple of Jesus
- Third son of Jacob
- A son of Leah and Jacob
- V.P. Morton: 1889–93
- ___ Strauss & Co.
- Israeli P.M. Eshkol: 1963-69
- Third son of Jacob and Leah
- Matthew's original name
- Wayne of golf
- A tribe of Israel
- Golfer Wayne ___
- Jacob's third son
- A brother of Simeon
- A Strauss
- Dinah's avenger
- Carlo who wrote "Christ Stopped at Eboli"
- Tribe of Israel
- Streisand role in "Hello, Dolly!"
- Denim pioneer Strauss
- Manufacturer Strauss
- A son of Jacob
- Dolly of musical fame
- Role for Channing
- V.P. Morton
- Jacob and Leah's third son
- "Hello, Dolly!" name
- Clothier Strauss
- An avenger of Dinah
- ___ Strauss & Co. (jeans maker)
- Israeli statesman ___ Eshkol
- Eshkol of Israel
- Pants designer Strauss
- Hebrew tribe
- Matchmaker Dolly
- He wrote "Christ Stopped at Eboli"
- Strauss of dungaree fame
- One of Dinah's avengers
- A son of Leah
- O.T. name
- Strauss, the trousers maker
- Jeans maker Strauss
- Matthew, originally
- 1890's Vice President _____ P. Morton
- Son of Jacob and Leah
- ___ Strauss jeans
- Four Tops leader___Stubbs
- ___ Strauss (jeans maker)
- Founder of one of the 12 tribes
- First name in jeans
- ___ Strauss & Co.
- Dolly ___ of "Hello, Dolly!"
- 1890's Vice President ___ P. Morton
- Dolly of "Hello, Dolly!"
- Abolitionist Coffin
- 1890's Veep ___ P. Morton
- 1889 Vice President ___ P. Morton
- ___ P. Morton (1890's veep)
- Ford attorney general Edward ___
- Son of Jacob
- Stubbs of the Four Tops
- "The Drowned and the Saved" author
- Former Israeli leader ___ Eshkol
- Israel's Eshkol
- Big name in denim
- Strauss of denim
- First name among clothiers
- Son of Leah
- "The Periodic Table" author Primo ___
- Forebear of one of Israel's 12 Tribes
- Strauss of jeans fame
- Jeans purveyor Strauss
- Author of "Christ Stopped at Eboli"
- Singer Stubbs of the Four Tops
- Benjamin Harrison's vice president, ___ P. Morton
- Strauss of jeans
- Jeans maker ___ Strauss
- Johnston in 2008-09 news
- Champion cyclist Leipheimer
- Italian author Primo
- Dolly the matchmaker
- Veronese masterpiece "The Feast in the House of ___"
- Italian writer Primo
- ___ Johnston, former fiancГ© of Bristol Palin
- Big name in jeans
- One of the 12 tribes of Israel
Douglas Harper's Etymology Dictionary
masc. proper name, biblical son of Jacob by Leah, from Hebrew lewi, literally "joining, pledging, attached," from stem of lawah "he joined."
Levi (or Levy) (, ; StandardLevy TiberianLēwî; literally joining) was, according to the Book of Genesis, the third son of Jacob and Leah, and the founder of the Israelite Tribe of Levi (the Levites). Certain religious and political functions were reserved for the Levites.
Levi was, according to the Book of Genesis, the founder of the Israelite Tribe of Levi.
Levi may also refer to:
- Levi, diminutive of the Hungarian given name Levente (disambiguation)
- Saint Matthew, referred to as Levi in the other Gospels
- The Laevi, or Levi, a Ligurian people in Gallia Transpadana
- Levi II (fl. 3rd century), one of the amoraim
- Levi (New Testament), great-great grandfather of Jesus
- Levi (Book of Mormon), Jaredite king in the Book of Mormon
People with the surname Levi:
- Levi (surname)
People with the given name Levi:
- Levi (given name)
- Levi Strauss & Co., American clothing company
- Levi-Civita connection
- Levi-Civita symbol
- Levi-Civita (crater)
- Rabbi Levi (crater)
- Testament of Levi
- Levi, Finland, ski resort in Finnish Lapland
- Levi, Estonia, village in southwestern Estonia
- Leevi, village in southeastern Estonia
- Levi, Kentucky
- Levi graph
- Levi decomposition in mathematics (including Levi theorem, Levi subgroup, Levi subalgebra)
Levi or Lévi is a Jewish surname. It is a transliteration of the Hebrew לוי meaning "joining". Another spelling of the name is Levy or Lévy. According to Jewish tradition, people with the Levi surname are Levites and can claim patrilineal descendance from the Leviim of biblical times.
Levi is a masculine given name. It means "joined to" in Hebrew. Levi may refer to:
- Levi Asher, American writer and web designer
- Levi Addison Ault, Canadian/American businessman
- Levi Bellfield (born 1968), British murderer
- Levi Boone, American politician and mayor of Chicago
- Levi Celerio, Filipino composer and lyricist
- Levi Coffin, American educator and a white abolitionist
- Levi Eshkol, Israeli politician and Prime Ministers of Israel
- Levi Grant, American politician
- Levi Leipheimer, American professional road bicycle racer
- Levi Leiter, American businessman
- Levi Lincoln, Sr., American revolutionary and statesman
- Levi Lincoln, Jr., American lawyer and politician
- Levi Lind (born 1988), Canadian professional ice hockey player
- Levi P. Morton, American politician and Vice President of the United States
- Levi Ponce, American Painter
- Levi Porter, English football player
- Levi Romero, Venezuelan baseball player
- Levi Seacer, Jr., American musician
- Levi Strauss, German-Jewish-American inventor of blue jeans
- Levi Stubbs, American singer
- Levi the Slasher, video game character
- Levi Twiggs, American officer
- Levi Woodbury, American politician and Associate Justice of the Supreme Court of the United States
- Levi Yitzchak of Berditchev, Rabbi and Hasidic leader
Usage examples of "levi".
In 1990 workers who had been laid off from the Levi Strauss company in San Antonio because the company was moving to Costa Rica called a boycott, organized a hunger strike, and won concessions.
Mute stripped off his Levi jacket, exposing another Angel decal on his leather jacket.
Ernst Daeumig and Paul Levi, who had been a close friend of Rosa Luxemburg.
Italian Socialist Party, Paul Levi resigned from the party leadership.