Crossword clues for ldl
- Cholesterol inits.
- Bad cholesterol, in brief
- Bad cholesterol letters
- Blood work report abbr.
- A lipoprotein that transports cholesterol in the blood
- Composed of moderate amount of protein and a large amount of cholesterol
- High levels are thought to be associated with increased risk of coronary heart disease and atherosclerosis
The Collaborative International Dictionary
LDL \LDL\ ([e^]l`d[=e]*[e^]l/") n. [acronym from Low-Density Lipoprotein.] (Med., Biochem.) Low-density lipoprotein, a lipoprotein that transports cholesterol in the blood; high levels are thought to be associated with increased risk of coronary heart disease and atherosclerosis; sometimes called informally bad cholesterol.
Syn: low-density lipoprotein.
LDL is a low-density lipoprotein, one of the five major groups of lipoproteins.
LDL or LdL may also refer to:
- Learning by teaching (German: Lernen durch Lehren, LdL), a method that allows students to learn by teaching lessons or parts of lessons
- Loudness discomfort level, a measure of the volume where an individual starts feeling uncomfortable or feeling pain. It can be reduced in hyperacusis or recruitment.
- LDL decomposition, Cholesky decomposition in linear algebra