Crossword clues for laus
The Collaborative International Dictionary
Laus \Laus\, a.
Laüs or Laus (; ) was an ancient city of Magna Graecia on the coast of the Tyrrhenian Sea. It was a colony of Sybaris at the mouth of the Lao River, which formed the boundary between Lucania and Bruttium in ancient times. The river and the city have the same name in Ancient Greek. Today the archaeological site of the city can be found at a short distance to the east of Marcellina, a frazione of the comune of Santa Maria del Cedro in Calabria.
Laus may refer to:
- Laüs, an ancient city on the west coast of Lucania
- Laus River, a river of southern Italy
- Paul Laus (born 1970), former professional ice hockey player
- Our Lady of Laus, the first Marian apparition approved in the 21st century by the Catholic Church
- Saint-Étienne-le-Laus, an administrative division in the Hautes-Alpes department in southeastern France
- Notre-Dame-du-Laus, Quebec, a municipality in Canada
- Laos, a country in South-east Asia
Usage examples of "laus".
Quoth that burde to the burne, "Blame 3e disserue, Yghif 3e luf not that lyf that yghe lye nexte, Bifore alle the wy3e3 in the worlde wounded in hert, Bot if 3e haf a lemman, a leuer, that yow lyke3 better, And folden fayth to that fre, festned so harde That yow lausen ne lyst--and that I leue nouthe.