Crossword clues for laney
Laney may refer to:
- Laney (surname)
- Laney, Georgia, U.S.
- Laney, Wisconsin, U.S.
- Emsley A. Laney High School, a high school near Wilmington, North Carolina
- Laney College, a community college in Oakland, California
- Laney Amplification, a British brand of guitar amplifiers and cabinets
- Laney, County Antrim, a townland in County Antrim, Northern Ireland
Laney is a surname. Notable people with the surname include:
- Benjamin Lany or Laney (1591–1675), Bishop of Ely
- Benjamin Travis Laney, former Democratic Governor of Arkansas
- Brendan Laney, professional rugby union player
- Chris Laney, bassist/guitarist and former member of Whiskeytown
- David Laney, Amtrak board chairman
- Deanna Laney, American murderer
- Francis Towner Laney, influential member of science fiction fandom and editor of the Hugo Award nominee The Acolyte
- Jason Laney, English cricketer
- Pete Laney, American Democratic politician
- Bill Laney, New Zealand politician
Usage examples of "laney".
Laney thought of the dead bundled squarely in their graveclothes, of coffins and cairns, of the long straight avenues of cemeteries in the days when the dead had been afforded their own real estate.
Helen Laney and Mother Hilaria had been determined women, and neither of them had trusted the Church.
Laney had no idea what Blackwell was talking about, but it seemed best to keep up the illusion of conversation.
Laney heard the idoru say, and then he was watching Rez mount a low stage in a crowded club of some kind, everything psychedelic Korean pinks, hypersaturated tints like cartoon versions of the flesh of tropical melons.
She whacked out a series of power chords on her guitar, mentally turning the faint, unamplified twang into the full-throated roar of the Laney.
Laney confided in Captain Osullivan, for he was naturally included in the captain's mess.
Laney said, "she dislikes me, she has her motive for revenge, but she wants, she needs, to destroy Rez.
Laney was bad and had been since birth, according to his biological mother, who also had always been bad, according to her own mother.
Laney had an untouched shot of surrealistically expensive Kentucky srraight bourbon whiskey in front of him, and wondered vaguely what it would do to his jet lag if he were actually to drink it.
Laney had an untouched shot of surrealistically expensive Kentucky straight bourbon whiskey in front of him, and wondered vaguely what it would do to his jet lag if he were actually to drink it.
LANEY drinks half of one of the bottles of cough syrup, chews and swallows a third of one of the candy bars, and washes this down with a swallow of the lukewarm cola.
It is a dark business, Yaivazaki thinks and wonders, taking the stairs to the cardboard city, what exactly Laney is about here.
Rydell seemed oddly at home with the workings of the infotainment industry, and at one point, when they’d found themselves alone together, he’d asked Laney who was representing him.
Laney privately wished to ascribe this to drug-use, of which he'd seen no evidence whatever, and indeed Daniels's most potent public indulgence seemed to be multiple cups of decaf espresso taken with curls of lemon peel.
Laney clicked through a series of images: abstract geometrics arranged in vanishing linear perspective.