The Collaborative International Dictionary
Lakin \La"kin\, n. See Ladykin.
Ladykin \La"dy*kin\, n. [Lady + -kin.] A little lady; -- applied by the writers of Queen Elizabeth's time, in the abbreviated form Lakin, to the Virgin Mary.
Note: The diminutive does not refer to size, but is
equivalent to ``dear.''
n. a toy
Housing Units (2000): 883
Land area (2000): 0.933873 sq. miles (2.418721 sq. km)
Water area (2000): 0.000000 sq. miles (0.000000 sq. km)
Total area (2000): 0.933873 sq. miles (2.418721 sq. km)
FIPS code: 38175
Located within: Kansas (KS), FIPS 20
Location: 37.940202 N, 101.258728 W
ZIP Codes (1990): 67860
Note: some ZIP codes may be omitted esp. for suburbs.
Lakin may refer to:
- Daniel Lakin (born 1834), American Civil War sailor and Medal of Honor recipient
- Cyril Lakin (1915—1993), Welsh politician and farmer
- Christine Lakin (born 1979), American actress
- B. R. Lakin (1901-1984), American Baptist preacher and evangelist
- Terry Lakin, former American soldier involved in conspiracy theories regarding Barack Obama's citizenship
- Ləkin, Azerbaijan
- Lakin, Burma
- Lakin Township, Barton County, Kansas, United States
- Lakin Township, Harvey County, Kansas, United States
- Lakin Township, Kearny County, Kansas, United States
- Lakin, Kansas, United States
- Lakin Township, Morrison County, Minnesota, United States
- Lakinsk, Vladimir Oblast, Russia
- Lakin Baronets, a title in the Baronetage of the United Kingdom
Usage examples of "lakin".
And the gay lakin, mistress Fitton, mount and cry O, and his dainty birdsnies, lady Penelope Rich, a clean quality woman is suited for a player, and the punks of the bankside, a penny a time.
The Lizards inside Lakin hadn't been asleep at the switch, either.