Łajs is a village in the administrative district of Gmina Purda, within Olsztyn County, Warmian-Masurian Voivodeship, in northern Poland. It lies approximately south of Purda and south-east of the regional capital Olsztyn.
While traditionally Prussian, with the Second Peace of Thorn in 1466 the area became part of the Kingdom of Poland until 1772. From 1772 until 1945 it was held successively by the Kingdom of Prussia and Germany ( East Prussia).
The village has a population of 210.