Crossword clues for lahti
Lahti (, ) is a city and municipality in Finland.
Lahti is the capital of the Päijänne Tavastia region. It is situated on a bay at the southern end of lake Vesijärvi about north-east of the capital Helsinki. In English, the Finnish word Lahti literally means bay. The Lahti region is growing and is one of the main economic hubs of Finland.
The coat of arms of the city depicts a train wheel surrounded by flames.
Lahti is a Finnish surname meaning "bay" or "gulf". Notable people with the surname include:
- Aimo Lahti (1896–1970), Finnish weapon designer
- Arto Lahti (born 1949), Finnish professor and politician
- Christine Lahti (born 1950), American actress
- Jeff Lahti (born 1956), American baseball player
- Timi Lahti (born 1990), Finnish footballer