Crossword clues for kwame
Kwame or Kwamé is an Ashanti day name originating from the Ashanti people of Ashanti City-State and given to a boy born on a Saturday.
People with this Ashanti name include:
- Kwame Anthony Appiah, a Ghanaian-British philosopher of semantics and racism
- Kwame Brown, an basketball player in the NBA
- Kwamé Holland, an American rapper who enjoyed brief popularity during the golden age of hip hop; reemerged as a music producer named K1 Million
- Kwame Kilpatrick, former mayor of Detroit, Michigan
- Kwame Nkrumah (originally Francis Nwia Kofi Ngonloma), a Ghanaian politician (and for a time Life President) and one of the founders of Pan-Africanism
- Kwame Raoul, a Democratic member of the Illinois Senate, representing the 13th district since 2004
- Kwame Somburu (Paul Boutelle), an American socialist political activist
- Kwame Tucker, a Bermudian cricketer
- Kwame Ture ( Stokely Carmichael), a Trinidadian-American black activist and leader of the Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee and the Black Panther Party
- Osei Kwame Panyin, an 18th-century emperor of the Ashanti Confederacy, located in what is today Ashantiland
- Kwame (Captain Planet), a fictional character in the animated television series Captain Planet and the Planeteers
Category:Ashanti given names Category:Akan given names
Kwamé (born 1973) is an American rapper who enjoyed brief popularity in the late 1980s and early 1990s. He is currently a music producer, sometimes credited as K-1 Million or K1 Mil.