Housing Units (2000): 21796
Land area (2000): 44.072251 sq. miles (114.146601 sq. km)
Water area (2000): 0.934828 sq. miles (2.421193 sq. km)
Total area (2000): 45.007079 sq. miles (116.567794 sq. km)
FIPS code: 39560
Located within: Tennessee (TN), FIPS 47
Location: 36.536851 N, 82.542123 W
ZIP Codes (1990): 37664
Note: some ZIP codes may be omitted esp. for suburbs.
Kingsport may refer to:
- Kingsport, Tennessee, a city in the US state of Tennessee
- Kingsport-Bristol-Bristol, TN-VA MSA, a US Metropolitan Statistical Area
- Kingsport Mets, a minor league baseball team based in Kingsport, Tennessee
- Kingsport, Nova Scotia, a village in Nova Scotia
- USNS Kingsport (T-AG 164), a US Navy ship
- Kingsport (Lovecraft), a fictional town in the writings of H. P. Lovecraft
Kingsport is a fictional town in the writings of H. P. Lovecraft and used by subsequent writers in his tradition. The town first appeared in Lovecraft's short story " The Terrible Old Man" ( 1921).
Usage examples of "kingsport".
Mildred found someone in Kingsport who knew someone in Johnson City who had dealings with a guy at Eastman Kodak who sold pot.
Once a gap in the trees opened up to the right, so that he saw off across leagues of twilight meadow and spied the old Congregational steeple on Central Hill in Kingsport.
He saw slip past him the glorious lands and cities of which a fellow-dreamer of earth - a lighthouse-keeper in ancient Kingsport - had often discoursed in the old days, and recognized the templed terraces of Zak, abode of forgotten dreams.