Crossword clues for kgs
n. (plural of kg English); kilograms.
KGS can refer to:
- KGS (electronic toll collection) smart card toll collection system in Turkey
- Kos Island International Airport, IATA airport code
- Kforce Government Solutions, a wholly owned subsidiary of Kforce, Inc.
- The Kansas Geological Survey
- The KGS Go Server
- Kingston Grammar School a top co-educational independent day school
- King George School (Calgary, Alberta), Canada
- King's Sutton railway station, England; National Rail station code KGS
- Karachi Grammar School, a top co-educational day school in Pakistan
- Kyrgyzstani som, the ISO 4217 code for the currency of Kyrgyzstan
- JSC NC Kazakhstan Gharysh Sapary (KGS), the national company charged with the development of Kazakhstan’s space programme
KGS, acronym for Kartlı Geçis Sistemi (literally: Pass System with Card), was an electronic toll collection system of contactless smart card type available on toll roads and toll bridges in Turkey. It was abolished on 1 February 2013. The system was adopted to avoid traffic congestion at toll plazas. An alternative to KGS is the OGS system of radio-frequency identification (RFID) transponder type implemented on at the same toll plazas initially.
The KGS was launched in January 2005, and was first installed on the toll bridges Bosphorus Bridge on O-1 and Fatih Sultan Mehmet Bridge on O-2 over the Istanbul Strait. The smart card system was later extended to the intercity motorways O-3, O-4, O-32, O-51 and O-52. The KGS was in use on all toll roads in the country alongside the OGS until it was replaced by HGS.
Developed by Aselsan, the system is administrated by the General Directorate of Highways (, KGM).
Usage examples of "kgs".
Though now 29, she was a powerful, strikingly muscled athlete, outweighing Cathy by 14 kgs, and ran with a purposeful, unvarying stride, lacking only the capacity to sprint to a new level on big occasions.