Kuruthu Educational and Social Renaissance Trust (KESORT) was made on the 7th Day of June 2012 for the establishment of a fund solely for educational and charitable purposes without any profit motive by Mr.A.S.Arul Lawrence, S/o. Mr.S.Antony Selvaraj, aged about 31, residing at 2/24-C, West Portion, Adaiyakarungulam, Vickramasingapuram, Tirunelveli District-627425.
Our motto is “let your light shine before others” so we promise to keep up the following:
- To establish, maintain and promote schools, teacher, technical and professional institutions or colleges that are centers of spiritual and cultural activities in rural or urban areas and to do all kinds of work that will propagate the core concept of Christianity along with quality education.
- To establish, promote, maintain, assist, finance and support institutions and undertakings (orphanages, widow homes, schools, old age homes, lunatic asylums, poor houses, counselling centers, etc.) that are intended to help poor, old, infirm and/or destitute individuals who are in dire need of such assistance.
- To aid in the promotion of Christianity and Christians by establishing and promoting minority trust and indulging in its promotional activities.
- To help in the education of Christian/orphan/needy/poor/meritorious children and to provide scholarship and financial aid in the field of education.
- To provide personal, educational and vocational guidance to the youth especially Christian minorities. In order to develop a positive attitude and moral upliftment among youth so as to make them good citizens.
- To generate the fruit of Spirit such as love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, generosity, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control amongst the members of the Christian society and general public. Furthermore, with the help of the fruit of Spirit to eradicate, impurity, licentiousness, idolatry, sorcery, enmities, strife, jealousy, anger, quarrels, dissensions, factions, envy, drunkenness, fornication and carousing.
- To undertake and carry out educational, charitable and socio-economic programs for the welfare and upliftment of poor people irrespective of caste, community or creed and also to grant scholarship or donations for the aforesaid purposes.
- To responsibly utilize the properties, income as well as the principal of the Trust fund for social/religious/charitable purposes namely, eradication of poverty, educational support, medical relief, inculcation of good values and any other service that is for the good of the society.
- To provide relief to the victims or render monetary and/or other assistance for the relief of individuals affected by natural or other calamities such as flood, fire, famine, cyclone, earthquake, storm, accidents, pestilence, drought, epidemic, unbearable cost of living and the like.
- To conduct camps, seminars and awareness programmes to educate people about cancer, AIDS, diabetes, hepatitis, dengue, contagious diseases, adverse effect of alcoholism, drug addiction, human rights, communicative skills, life skills, soft skills, harmony with nature, and to stress the importance of sanitation, health and hygiene, clean and green surroundings, healthy environment, civic sense, etc.
- Hold dead diction camps for alcoholics and drug addicts (substance abusers). To reach out to victims of domestic violence, rape, forced prostitution, child abuse, child labour, separated family, etc. and provide counselling to develop self-confidence and self-esteem in them and bring them back to the mainstream of the society.
- To foster and encourage education and training in handicrafts, fine arts among women folk in general and conceive institutions imparting such education. Also, encourage the establishment, activities and promotion of centers for ‘women and children’ and also involve in social welfare works for the same.
- To promote the cause of education through the founding and promotion of educational hubs like schools, colleges etc. The trust also provides assistance for the promotion of vocational studies and other self-improvement activities.
- To conduct minor and major research works related to education and/or other subjects in regional, state and national level with or without the help of any individual, state and central governments, government bodies, funding agency either in India and/or abroad.
- To promote literacy through cultural, social and other activities by awareness programs, seminars, symposiums, conferences, training programmes, lectures, competitions, exhibition, cultural programmes and press meets.
- To publish books, journals, magazines, articles, pamphlets, posters, periodicals, newspapers, websites, weblogs, social networking sites, online journals and albums, compact discs, cassettes, music tracks, and audio-video recordings in India or abroad to spread Christianity and the advancement of education and culture.
- To engage, employ or hire appropriate staff, workers, researches, legal experts and other professionals, attorney, managers and agents for the work and furtherance of the aims and objects of the trust and to pay their wages, salaries, stipends of fees.
- To aid or establish any institute or adopt means for imparting promotion of an art, science or other field of education, propagate for removal of social evils, customs or render or promote self-help to overcome any of these evils particularly for the poor or weaker sections of the society in India or abroad.
- To raise money from any of the above objects or purpose by mortgaging or charging all or any such property as may legally be mortgaged or charged with capital sum.
- To acquire by gifts, purchase, exchange, lease or hire or otherwise any lands, building, playgrounds, parks and other movable or immovable property and construct, maintain buildings for the purpose of the trust.
- To solicit, obtain or accept subscription, donation, grants, bequests from any person, firm, corporation or institution for the purpose and welfare of the trust.
- To add all such other lawful acts, deeds or things as are incidental or conducive to attainment of any of the above objectives.
- To indulge in various worthy activities as shall be from time to time deemed appropriate by the board of trustees.
- To do all that is related and conducive or incidental to the fulfillment of the above objects and to open branches wherever considered expedient for promotion of the above objects.