Kaspi is a town in central Georgia on the Mtkvari River. It is a center of Kaspi district, one of the four districts in Shida Kartli region. Founded in the early Middle Ages, the town turned into possession of the Amilakhvari noble family in the 15th century. Kaspi officially acquired a town's status in 1959 and, , had the population of 13,423.
During the Russia-Georgia war, the cement factory, as well as the railway bridge in the city were severely damaged by the Russian raids.