Crossword clues for karel
Karel may refer to:
- Karelians or Karels, a Baltic-Finnic ethnic group
- Karel (given name)
- Karel (surname)
- Charles Karel Bouley, talk radio personality known on air as Karel
- 1682 Karel, an asteroid
- Karel (programming language), an educational programming language for absolute beginners
- Karel Electronics, a Turkish electronics manufacturer
- Karel (Fanuc programming language), High-level language based on PASCAL for industrial robots
Karel is an educational programming language for beginners, created by Richard E. Pattis in his book Karel The Robot: A Gentle Introduction to the Art of Programming. Pattis used the language in his courses at Stanford University, California. The language is named after Karel Čapek, a Czech writer who introduced the word robot.
Karel is a given name in Dutch and Czech, equivalent to Charles, meaning Free Man.
Karel is a surname. Notable people with the surname include:
- Jozef Karel (1922–2005), Slovak football player and coach
- Rudolf Karel (1880–1945), Czech composer
- William Karel (born 1940), French film director and author
Usage examples of "karel".
Rear Admiral Karel Doorman rnn now commanded the Striking Force of the three Allied navies, based at Surabaya.
Since even the widows of eminent emigres qualified, Elena Nabokov in October 1923 moved with her daughter Elena to Prague, where Karel Kramaf, the Russophile Czech statesman, had invited her to stay at his villa.
Karel murmured something to the effect that it was to be hoped that Bazas before dying had also seen the light, the glorious truth about Vilkata.
Karel Kaczmarek had a record stretching back fifteen years for criminal assault, robbery, brothel running and pimping.
The complementary disk of polonium came from the electric shaver that had so worried Karel Wosniak, and replaced the one lost in Glasgow.
With slight relief she saw that her chief wizard, Karel, who was also her mother's brother, was already on hand and had taken charge for the moment.
Also pictures of Karel fishing with his grandfather and posing with a soccer ball and two surly teammates, the proto-Woropays.