Kanał (, Sewer) is a 1956 Polish film directed by Andrzej Wajda. It was the first film made about the 1944 Warsaw Uprising, telling the story of a company of Home Army resistance fighters escaping the Nazi onslaught through the city's sewers. Kanał is the second film of Wajda's War Trilogy, preceded by A Generation and followed by Ashes and Diamonds.
The film was the winner of the Special Jury Award at the 1957 Cannes Film Festival.
Kanal may refer to one:
- Kanal (unit), a unit of area equivalent to one-eighth of an acre, used in northern India and Pakistan
- Kanal (surname), a surname in central Pakistan
- Kanal (2015 film), a 2015 Indian Malayalam-language film starring Mohanlal
- Kanał, a 1956 Polish film directed by Andrzej Wajda
- Kanal (Turkish film), a 1979 Turkish film
- Kanal, Zagreb, a city neighbourhood
- Kanal, Iran, a village in Sistan and Baluchestan Province, Iran
- Kanal, Kanal, a town in western Slovenia, the administrative centre of the Municipality of Kanal
- Tony Kanal, bassist for the musical group No Doubt
A kanal is a unit of area used in parts of northern Pakistan and in India. In Pakistan different conversions exist in various areas: a kanal is generally considered equal to 5400 square feet, but it is equal to 4500 square feet in Lahore. In India it is generally considered equivalent to 4500 square feet or one-eighth of an acre.
Kanal is a 2015 Indian Malayalam thriller- road movie, directed by M. Padmakumar. Starring Mohanlal, Anoop Menon, Atul Kulkarni, Pratap Pothan, Honey Rose, Sheelu Abraham and Nikita Thukral. The film was produced by Abaam Movies in association with Aashirvad Cinemas. Ouseppachan and Vinu Thomas composed the soundtrack. Mohanlal, Padmakumar and writer Suresh Babu joined together for the second time since the 2010 film Shikkar. The principal photography commenced in May 2015 in Kochi and completed in August 2015. Kochi, Hyderabad, Karwar, Goa and Qatar were the filming locations. The film gained negative critical response upon its release and lukewarm response from audience.