Kaito (かいと) is a Japanese male given name which may be written in numerous ways, for example as: 海斗 (most common), 海翔, 海人, 快斗, 凱斗, 海都.
Kaito is a Japanese male surname and a given name.
Kaito may also refer to:
- Baruto Kaito (born 1984), Estonian professional sumo wrestler
- Kaito Yamamoto (born 1985), Japanese football player
- Kaitō "phantom thief" or gentleman thief genre in Japanese non-fiction
- KaitO, an independent rock band from the United Kingdom
- KAITO, Yamaha's Vocaloid Japanese voice synthesizer
- Kaito, sometimes Kai-to, a type of small ferry in Korea
- Kaito Kumon, Kamen Rider Baron in Kamen Rider Gaim
KAITO is a humanoid persona voiced by a singing synthesizer application called Vocaloid developed by Yamaha Corporation. He has performed at live concerts onstage as an animated projection along with Crypton Future Media's other Vocaloids (like Hatsune Miku). His production code name was "Taro". His voice is sampled by Naoto Fūga. He was the fourth ever released Vocaloid and the second in Japanese.
The product's name was invited to be chosen by the public, and "KAITO" was selected from among the applicants, which was Vocaloid producer Shu-tP's offered idea. One of the reasons why his name "KAITO" was selected was because it would be easy for non-Japanese speakers to pronounce, and it looked fitting with the name "MEIKO" when they were put next to one another.