n. (alternative spelling of cab English) (etymology 2)
- KAB or kab may refer to:
- Kent Association for the Blind, England
- Kabyle language - KAB is the ISO 639-2 code and common abbreviation
- Kansas Association of Broadcasters
- Kumamoto Asahi Broadcasting, television station in Kumamoto Prefecture, Japan
- Keep America Beautiful, society for litter prevention, etc.
- An ancient Hebrew measurement equal to about two liters
- Kab (month), the twelfth and last month of the Afghan calendar
Kab is the name of the twelfth and last month of the Afghan calendar. It occurs in the late winter season (from February 19/20 to March 19/20). It has 29 days in usual years but 30 days in leap years.
Kab corresponds with the tropical Zodiac sign Pisces. Kab literally means "fish" in Pashto.
Category:Pashto names for the months of the Solar Hijri calendar
Usage examples of "kab".
Toch crabbed down the slope, raised his obsidian-studded club, and thumped Kab repeatedly.
Julian Donsel tu kab, ca hoppi in tan lic u patan u yumil kul uinicilob.
Horus of Hibonu swooped down upon the back of a gazelle like a hunting hawk, Hathor of Denderah was a cow, Bastit of Bubastis was a cat or a tigress, while Nekhabit of El Kab was a great bald-headed vulture.
Denderah was a cow, Bastit of Bubastis was a cat or a tigress, while Nekhabit of El Kab was a great bald-headed vulture.
Some of the other tourist favoritesDendera, El Kab, Philaeare better preserved, but they date from the Greek or Ptolemaic period, a thousand years later.
Oriental Society, and delivered a paper on the Hieroglyphic and Demotic inscriptions of El Kab, thus giving a crowning example both of the versatility and of the inconstancy of his talents.