Jusayr was a Palestinian Arab village in the Gaza Subdistrict. It was depopulated during the 1948 Arab-Israeli War on July 17, 1948 under Operation Barak or Operation Yo'av. It was located 35 km northeast of Gaza.
A 1596 census revealed a population of 330. By 1945, it had a population of 1180. Jusayr had an elementary school for boys which was founded in 1937, and by 1945, it had an enrollment of 74 students.