JOP may refer to:
- Jop, an app for on-demand services
- Java optimized processor, an implementation of a Java Virtual Machine
- Jump-oriented programming, a code reuse attack
- Jon Oliva's Pain, an American heavy metal band
- Judgment of Paris (wine), a 1976 Paris wine tasting that sparked international interest in Californian wine
- Justice of the Peace
- The Joy of Painting, an American television show
- Jop van der Linden (born 1990), Dutch footballer
- Mariusz Jop (born 1978), Polish footballer
Usage examples of "jop".
Unsure of his authority and uncomfortable in the mess, he is failing, and his failure seems assured When he is relegated to a tedious jop in the baggage train.
Then he from Jop did take the horn and blow: So loud and shrill, he warned good John Wright, Who soon struck out the roller with great slight.
Hardly had the Terran pulled his legs under him than they took off—not at the skimming speed a land jopper would have displayed on his native world—but faster than a marching stride.
And if the Combat Police were in search of a runner, every jopper and transport in that line would be inspected, every man would have to produce identification.
Now and then one of them went back to his jopper or transport, probably to ring in to his employer on a speecher and report his non-progress.
I tell you, when we get past the barrier here, you cut your jopper in behind my trans and I'll guide you.
Their jopper, ignited by the explosion Hansu had set, was burning briskly.
Dimly seen by those who dared not venture too close to the flaming jopper, that seat pad might be mistaken for two occupants trapped within.
I tell you, when we get past the barrier here, you cut your jopper in behind my trans and I’ll guide you.
Hardly had the Terran pulled his legs under him than they took offnot at the skimming speed a land jopper would have displayed on his native worldbut faster than a marching stride.
Jop was an adept, but the farmer declined, preferring to pore over his book of scrolls.