Douglas Harper's Etymology Dictionary
Jod may refer to:
- Jod, alternate name for the deity Velns in Latvian mythology
- Jod, alternate spelling of jor (music), an aspect of Indian music
- Jod, alternate spelling of Yodh, a letter of the Semitic alphabet
- JOD, ISO 4217 code for the Jordanian dinar
- JOD, acronym for John O'Donnell Stadium (now Modern Woodmen Park) in Davenport, Iowa
- JOD, acronym for the SEGA game Nights: Journey of Dreams
- Jód, the Hungarian name for Ieud Commune, Maramureş County, Romania
- Jod, alternate name for the Jack of Diamonds card game
- Jod, Iran, a village in Sistan and Baluchestan Province, Iran
Usage examples of "jod".
The Tetractys, composed of round dots instead of jods, was revered among them.
Gimmel, Dalet, He, Waw, Zain, Het, Tet, Jod, Kaf, Lamed, Mem, Nun, Samech, Ajin, Pe, Cade, Qof, Resz, Szin i Taw.