Find the word definition

Wikipedia
Jbaa

Jbaa, (in Arabic: جباع), is a town in the Nabatieh Governorate, or Nabatiye southern Lebanon.

Jbaa Falls in the hands of the great Safi Mountain, and rises over (in the town center) from the sea level and then begins to rise to in the district "Ein-Elsataoun" Water flowed between the folds, the most gorgeous greenery trees diverse, especially the walnut trees spread around most of the town houses.

Jbaa is the capital of Iqlim al-Tuffah, and was the Directorate of independent during the French mandate over Lebanon and was known in the 20th century as an important resort for the people's of Nabatieh and Sidon and the rest of the Jabal Amel area, Jbaa has fancy restaurants and hotels because of its dozens beautiful and famous natural springs: Ein-elteen, Marjah, Kabiy, Ein-Arkez, Hoelh-spring, spring-Abboud, Spring-Valley and Albsis.

Jbaa is also famous for its summer professional cultural parties (mahra-janat), which was held in the summer and where people gathered from all over the world, Jbaa nights used to be like ongoing wedding during the lasting peace in the 1960s and 1970s, then became a home and a haven for the people of Nabatieh caza beginnings of the first Israeli war during the 1977/1982 period before it got its own Israeli war in which people of the village moved to Sidon and Beirut as of the year 1985.

After its liberation from the Israeli occupation in 2000 there was a renovation to most of the village based on the improvement in the town of civilization and the revival of cafes and restaurants to have a prosperous summer season and revive the old days and times.

Jbaa area real estate is over , and it is about 12 km (7 miles)away the town from Nabatieh, and from the capital Beirut.

The population of about 10,000 inhabitants 80% of them abandoned during the Israeli war, the name Jbaa according to Mr. Mohsen Alamin is a Hebrew name meaning "high hill".

Jbaa has a Romanian cemetery south west of the town, as there is still remains of an old Christian monastery in the central part of the town, Also there was a fortress built by the rulers in the town {Almenakrh} (currently the Jawad family) which was subsequently used as a Srai by the Turkish government, then as a school in the late nineteenth century (1889) then it was built on its ashes a modern primary school in the year 1958, the remainder were used as the basis wall to the modern secondary School.

Also there was a mosque build by the second martyr, and then examined the effects, leaving nothing but a painting of the old history of restoration. a new mosque was built on the ashes of the old mosque in the modern town center.

The scientific, cultural and social development in the year 1889 the government established the Turkish primary school for males and another for females in the remnants of Castle princes (Almenakrh) center of the town of Jbaa. At the beginning of the assignment, in the year 1922 was the opening of the school, which stopped during the First World War, the golden age of the teaching in the town of Jbaa between the years 1978 and 1982 were the establishment of a branch of the secondary school of Hassan Kamel Al-Sabbah which was established in the town because of the security situation in Nabatieh, the difficult times the town of Nabatieh was experiencing had caused many students and the surrounding area to join their beloved brothers in Jbaa, and the number of students reached 870 students. Then it became a secondary school in the year 1981/1982.