n. (context India English) An infantryman; a soldier.
n. (India) a private soldier or male constable
Jawan may refer to:
- A junior soldier (especially an infantryman) in South Asia; this term usually covers all ranks below that of a Commissioned Officer in India and Pakistan. The word "Jawan" is of Persian origin, and literally means "young" in several South Asian languages.
- Jawan Jamison (born 1991), American football player
- Jawan Bakht, a prince of the Mughal Empire
- Jawan Sikandarpur, a village,block and nagar panchayat in Uttar Pradesh, India
- Jawan Vajidpur, a village in Uttar Pradesh, India
Usage examples of "jawan".
He expects we know who these Jeshandi are and who this Jawan was, or he would have said who they were.
The regional manager of the JDTs began babbling frantically in the jawan language.