Jatin is a Hindu name, Indian origin. It means the one who has matted hair(Hindi: Jatadhari), i.e Lord Shiva. Sanskrit: Śiva, meaning "The Auspicious One", also known as Mahadev, (English: Lord of the Lords), well known for "The Destroyer & Benefactor".
- Bagha Jatin (1879–1915), Bengali Indian revolutionary philosopher against British rule
- Jatin Bora, Indian actor who has appeared in Assamese language movies
- Jatin Das (painter) (born 1941), popular Indian painter
- Jatin Kanakia (1952–1999), Indian actor
- Jatin Pandit, Bollywood film composer
- Jatin Paranjpe (born 1972), Indian cricketer
- Jatin Sarker, eminent Bengali intellectual, researcher and biographer of Bangladesh